Review ~ Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)Title: Biting Cold
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #6
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Published: August 7th 2012






Turned into a vampire against her will, twenty-eight-year-old Merit found her way into the dark circle of Chicago’s vampire underground, where she learned there was more to supernaturals than met the eye—and more supernaturals than the public ever imagined. And not all the secrets she learned were for sharing—among humans or inhumans.

Now Merit is on the hunt, charging across the stark American Midwest, tailing a rogue supernatural intent on stealing an ancient artifact that could unleash catastrophic evil on the world. But Merit is also the prey. An enemy of Chicagoland is hunting her, and he’ll stop at nothing to get the book for himself. No mercy allowed. No rules apply. No lives spared. The race is on.
Last year I read the first 5 books in the Chicagoland Vampires series, over consecutive weeks, and I quickly realised this was a series that I would love and was excited to share my thoughts with you. Now, just weeks before the release of the 9th book in the series, Wild Things, I have decided to continue on in the series, and I was quickly immersed back into the supernatural world, with a new twist in the fight against evil.

Merit is on the hunt for the Maleficium – an ancient book which is believed to hold evil – before her sorceress friend, Mallory can get it. But it soon becomes clear that they are not the only ones after it, and a bigger battle soon begins. It is a great twist to the series as we learn of another supernatural race that may be more deadly than what we have encountered so far.

I liked seeing Merit again, she has certainly grown since that first book and has become very comfortable as a vampire and is confident in her role of Sentinal. She knows what she wants and is not afraid to step up to the plate, whether that be protecting her house, the general public or telling the Master of her House what she truly thinks. She is prepared to take on anyone and I like how forward she can be. She has many people at her disposal, the people in her house, Jonah and the RG, shifters and her grandfather and his team. In less than a year she has become one of the strongest Vampires out there.

A lot of characters that we have grown to love that make appearances in this book. We also meet some new characters, most of which I liked as well. But the unexpected reappearance of one person in particular, was able to get Merit's blood (and I suppose mine too) pumping. It was good to see his return, which actually happened at the end of the previous book. However little things set him off and I just wanted to slap him myself. Lucky that Merit is willing to take him on… You go girl!!

Chloe Neill has an easy writing style that you can get swept away with. It amazes me all the tales she has already written in this series, with more to come. She weaves in a good amount of witty remarks, action and plenty of (sexual) tension to keep you hooked! I am loving this series and I hope that I have convinced you to give it a try for yourself!!




Other Posts from Chloe Neill

Review ~ Some Girls Bite
 Review ~ Friday Night Bites
Review ~ Twice Bitten
Review ~ Hard Bitten
Review ~ Drink Deep 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds fun, and glad that beloved characters made apperances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know I say this every time I see the Chicagoland Vampires on your page, but I need to read this series!!! Maybe this is the year, because my resolution is to read more of what *I* want to read. Your review is superb, you are definitely selling me on this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasy Is More FunJanuary 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM

    Great review Naomi! I have to admit I was bored/frustrated the whole first half of this book. I wanted to send you-know-who back because he was being a total jerk and I like Jonah better now. But he second half was intense and fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... I know what you mean. I really like Jonah too... sigh... but she only has eyes on one fella now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe... I am trying the same thing! I have so many books I want to get to.... I will do it!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)