Teaser Tuesday #73 – Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Biting Cold
Chloe Neill
Chicagoland Vampires #6
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Published: August 7th 2012
Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
It is time to continue the Chicagoland Vampires run that I had last year and I just have to share more teasers from it!!


After only a moment, when my chest was heaving and my body pliant and ready, he pulled back.
"If you use the word 'halt,' I will hit you."
"Not halt," he breathlessly said. "Upstairs. Now."

Paperback page 271

Turned into a vampire against her will, twenty-eight-year-old Merit found her way into the dark circle of Chicago’s vampire underground, where she learned there was more to supernaturals than met the eye—and more supernaturals than the public ever imagined. And not all the secrets she learned were for sharing—among humans or inhumans.

Now Merit is on the hunt, charging across the stark American Midwest, tailing a rogue supernatural intent on stealing an ancient artifact that could unleash catastrophic evil on the world. But Merit is also the prey. An enemy of Chicagoland is hunting her, and he’ll stop at nothing to get the book for himself. No mercy allowed. No rules apply. No lives spared. The race is on.


To participate in Teaser Tuesdays just do the following…

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Do you have a tease this week? Please leave a comment below with your TT link so I can check out yours too!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so behind on this series. It sounds so good. I need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to get this series. I haven't read a vampire story in a while.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title matches our weather here in Cleveland-- -5 out there with windchill making it feel like a -36 degrees. We are upset our places of employment did not close! Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2014/01/4-teasers-with-book-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teaser made me smile, although vampires are not my thing.

    Here's mine

    http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2014/01/teasertuesday-taming-johnny-by.html



    Happy Tuesday,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the hotness that is Ethan and Merit. I am a little behind in this series now, though. Thanks for the great teaser, Naomi :)

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser.

    Happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. That "Upstairs. Now." definitely sounds like "Read. Now." ;)
    Fantastic teaser, Naomi!

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica @ a GREAT readJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM

    OOoh nice! I love reliving teases like this from already read books! Love this series!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read these books. Good teaser!

    I'm playing today (w/ a giveaway) here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caro [The Book Rogue]January 7, 2014 at 11:21 PM

    Hrhhr, I like, but I already started a new series, just yesterday, and this is not going to happen. But I love the teaser and cover anyway. Have fun with this!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dang! Is it getting hot inhere? That is a fabulous teaser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool series, and great teaser. Here's my teaser: http://www.tfwalsh.com/writing/teaser-tuesday-marionette/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantasy Is More FunJanuary 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM

    Great lines to pick - one of the better scenes of the book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser! I've never heard of this series but I am definitely intrigued. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/01/07/teaser-tuesday-jan-7/

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)