Review ~ Get Bent by C.M. Stunich

Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)Title: Get Bent 
Author: C.M. Stunich
Series: Hard Rock Roots #2
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: July 27th 2013






Naomi Knox is missing.
I don't even f*cking know whether she's dead or alive.
What I do know is that she's the air I need to breathe.
She's my redemption, an all consuming fire that burns in my blood.
And I'll do anything to find her. Anything. Even if it means the end for me.

& & &

Turner Campbell is searching.
But he has no f*cking clue what it is he's searching for.
There's darkness all around and enough secrets to choke.
There are angels, and there are devils. It's impossible to tell them apart.
Light needs to be shone on the truth, but there's no one left to hold the torch. The line between life and death is blurred, and the players are all thoroughly entrenched in the game. The question is: am I still one of them?
Get Bent was a fabulous sequel in the Hard Rock Roots series. A lot of the things that I enjoyed from the first book continued on into this one. The groupies are still lingering and drugs and alcohol is still being passed around. There’s plenty of performing too, and I really enjoy those moments when the characters focus on stage and give it to the crowd. The dangers are still out there however, and Turner is desperate to find Naomi.

The story took off not long after the ending of the previous book and we see how Turner is coping. There is no denying the fact that he has fallen hard for Naomi. He tries to follow any lead he can because he hasn’t lost hope that Naomi is still alive. The bands are continuing on their tour although not all band members are present, so Turner steps up to help Amatory Riot until all members are accounted for.

Naomi has no clue where she is or who is holding her captive. Her kidnappers have done a lot of planning and have her on an IV drip and keep her drugged up all the time. She wants to get out and Turner Campbell’s voice keeps her grounded as she hears him constantly singing her songs. It seems that whatever is happening to her is bigger than what she thought and the players in this crazy game are not just who they think they are.

I liked how much these characters have grown since we first met them. Turner still thinks that he is the-sh*t, but his priorities have changed and it has all to do with Naomi. Even in his frazzled state he is not getting as high or drunk anymore and he is not bringing any chicks back to the bus. He spends more time with his band mate Ronnie and it is good to see him let someone close in this difficult time. For Naomi she spends a lot of time out of it, but when she manages to escape she runs to the last person she expected and that union is epic!! He’s performing on stage and the storm causes the lights to go out… and what is the first thing you do when you are reunited after this crazy fiasco?? Well, lets just say it’s sizzling HAWT!! However, after it is all done and they are trying to come up with a plan, they still bicker and Naomi tries to fight her feelings.

I really enjoyed Get Bent and am happy that it wasn’t left on such a massive cliffhanger like the first book. We get some answers to questions that we had from book one, but there is still so much more to figure out… C.M. Stunich has a great writing style that keeps you glued to the pages and every chapter seems to leave you gasping, before changing to another POV (either Naomi or Turner). One thing I would like to mention is how cool the chapter headings are, they were green in Real Ugly and red in Get Bent, but they tie into the book perfectly. I’m looking forward to diving into the next book… Ronnie!!!



Other posts featuring C.M. Stunich


18 comments:

  1. Yikes I wanted to read this review/book just because of that cover!!! This sounds like a great series. Great review girl! Turner sounds awesome :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, Naomi! I haven't started this series yet, but I love musicians, and a kidnapping plot? And is it wrong that I find all of Turner's cursing kind of hot?

    Thanks for sharing :) Have a fantastic Friday!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... Girl!! I love how HAWT this series is... and this scene in particular.... I needed to almost have a cold shower!!! It is so good and what I expect from Rockers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... it IS that good in my opinion!! Give the first book a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it was a good sequel and didn't leave on a huge cliffie, but still made you want more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it when there is character growth and I am curious about the clever chapter headings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Even in his frazzled state he is not getting as high or drunk anymore"

    The "as high ..." part made me laugh. This sounds like a really good series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's some cover, that's for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I think I just spent too much time staring at the cover... Wow! And it sounds like a good series too = character growth is a big plus for me. Fun review Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely is! So intense and hawt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah! I am so glad too, the first one made me pick up the second immediately!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are just so pretty! I love how they tie the whole book together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha!! Yeah, well he did get high A LOT in the first book! I'm glad he was taking control of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmhmmmm!! He is so sexy!! I like him A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Berls.... I like that cover too.... I just want a piece of him *wink* I hope you get a chance to try this series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Naomi,
    You did a phenomenal job on this review. I am really turning to the other side! :0 Love your reviews and your blog!!! This sounds like a very intriguing book.


    Thx,
    RO
    A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Ro!! I try!! lol But I am loving this series! I cannot wait to squeeze more of it in!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, this definitely sounds like a f*cking great series! ;)
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt reading about Rockers at all...
    Great review, Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)