Review ~ Real Ugly by C.M. Stunich

Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1)Title: Real Ugly
Author: C.M. Stunich
Series: Hard Rock Roots #1
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: June 9th 2013






Turner Campbell is an asshole.
I f*cking hate him.
But I can't get enough either.
He sings like an angel and f*cks like a devil.
If I could, I'd run away and never look back because to tell you the truth, I think this man might be the death of me.

***

Naomi Knox is a bitch.
I can't f*cking stand her.
But I can't stop thinking about her either.
She looks like an angel and plays like a devil.
If I could, I'd f*ck her good and forget all about her, but to tell you the truth, I think this woman might be my last saving grace.
Holy Crap batman!! What a book! This is how I imagine the rock world to be when you are touring in buses around the country. There is plenty of bootie, drugs, alcohol and performing on stage. The people in the band have foul mouths and every second word starts with an F or S or just strings of profanities!! In this book we see all that, but the dark past of one person comes back to haunt her.

Naomi (fantastic name by the way *wink*) Knox is the guitarist in the band Amatory Riot. She has bounced around foster homes and finally found her groove touring with her band alongside Indecency, Turner Campbell’s band. Naomi’s past is pretty dark and as the story unravels you find out how bad it really was and the people that were involved with helping her reaching the lows that she did. Turner Campbell is an arrogant, certified manwhore and literally thinks his sh*t doesn’t stink!! He loves himself so much and thinks that everyone worships him. Until he runs into Naomi, who is quick to bring him down a few notches. She is not afraid to speak her mind and takes no crap from him.

Naomi is quite blunt. I love how she takes no crap from just about anyone. Even her inner dialogue is hilarious at times too. It was amusing to see these characters interact. Naomi tries to keep Turner at arms length, but he is drawn to the only person that has ever stood up to him. They certainly have chemistry… but they have secrets to share first.


I loved how this story was told from both POV’s so you could see what Naomi and Turner were thinking and what they were struggling with. There was no holding back on profanities and drug use. The descriptions from the characters POV’s on stage were incredible… and I felt as if I was channelling my emotions along with them. And the passion they share when they happen to perform together was amazing as well… I felt like I needed to scream along with the crowd. But the darker side of the story has you a bit on edge… And don’t get me started on that cliffhanger ending… I must dive into the next book soon!



4 comments:

  1. The well done mult pov and the authentic sounding rock scene makes this sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I always like finding my name too. *snickers* Mine is spelled weird so it never matches the books.. Anyhoo, I really do like the sounds of this one. I will be checking it out over on Amazon. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do!! I really like it and can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)