Review ~ House Rules by Chloe Neill

House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)Title: House Rules
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #7
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Published: February 5th 2013






In a city full of vampires, trouble never sleeps.

At the tender age of twenty-seven, Merit became a sword-wielding vampire. Since then, she’s become the protector of her House, watched Chicago nearly burn to the ground, and seen her Master fall and rise. Now she’ll see her mettle—and her metal—tested like never before.

It started with two . . . Two rogues vanishing without a trace. Someone is targeting Chicago’s vampires, and anyone could be next. With their house in peril, Merit and her Master, the centuries-old Ethan Sullivan, must race to stop the disappearances. But as they untangle a web of secret alliances and ancient evils, they realize their foe is more familiar, and more powerful, than they could have ever imagined.
I just love reading more in this series and book 7, House Rules, did not disappoint!! There was so much conspiracy, action and vampire politics to have me eagerly flicking the pages. There was no shortage of drama between Merit and Ethan either. It was a fantastic read and I am keen to see how things progress for the Cadogan Vampires now.

As you may have read from the blurb, two rogues have been murdered and it falls to Merit to find the killer. I enjoyed this sside of the storyline, unravelling the clues and hunting the killer. But there was a major political event that occurred at the end of the previous book that followed through into House Rules that I enjoyed too, as it has changed the way the Cadogan Vampires operate. It was intense and a major power play that is changing the Vampire world. I cannot wait to see how they all cope with it now.

Merit is a character that I really like. She is close to one of my favourite heroine’s for sure. She may not have become a vampire by choice, but she is doing everything in her power to be the best damn Vampire, Sentinal and Girlfriend she can possibly be. Every decision she makes is because of her House and her position, and her choices come under scrutiny in this instalment. I was totally backing her choices and was glad she stuck to her guns. It certainly doesn’t help when Lacey comes back and manipulates things… She is one girl I just want to shake! It shows how much Merit has grown as a person because she didn’t do that, she is not as impulsive as she once was.

There is so much I want to tell you about House Rules, but you simply must read it for yourself. There are so many things that the author has hinted on along the way and I am keen to see these things play out! Chloe Neill continues to amaze me with each new instalment in the journey. The Chicagoland Vampires is a gripping series that I am thrilled to continue.



Other Posts from Chloe Neill

Review ~ Some Girls Bite #1
 Review ~ Friday Night Bites #2
Review ~ Twice Bitten #3
Review ~ Hard Bitten #4
Review ~ Drink Deep #5
Review ~ Biting Cold #6

11 comments:

  1. I love this series too! Lacey coming back had me kind of leery but man, the political stuff got hot and dangerous didn't it?! It was so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very curious about Merit if shes one of your fave heroines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 5 Stars! I've heard this series is awesome, and am a big fan of vampire stories, and conspiracy, and action packed plots. Great Review Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of Lacey, but I like the way that Merit reacts with her close by!! All jealous....

    ReplyDelete
  5. She'd have to be now Brandi, she's such a down to earth character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is plenty of action throughout this series, I guarantee you! Lots of ups and downs... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book so much! I Love them all. I don't think that Chloe Neill would really ever disappoint me with this series. I can't wait for the one that's supposed to be coming out next month and SQWEEEEE!!! Three more books added to her contact! YEESSSHHH!!! Great Review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I am excited to read Wild Things myself... and I saw the FB post about 3 more books.... Too bad they aren't all ready NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Don't we wish?! Looking forward to seeing the direction this series is headed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The political elements in this book were freaking fantastic and only get better in the next book. I'm dying for the release of the Wild Things - the way she left things in the last one are just too intense!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tell you what.... Wild Things rocked!! I want more now!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)