Review ~ The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Title: The Edge of Never
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Series: The Edge of Never #1
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: November 15th 2012

icon



Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?

Due to sexual content and language, this book is recommended for 17+ – Adult Contemporary Women’s – New Adult Fiction
Ok.... OMG!!! What a fantastic read! I can’t believe it has taken me so long to read this book!! I won it late 2012 from a competition at #Book Nerd, and I am regretting that I have not started it earlier!! Right from the beginning I was sucked into this book. From hitting the club to taking a road trip to nowhere. It was witty, fun and totally swoon worthy!!

Camryn has been lost for a little while and her friend Nat tries to draw her out, but Cam tries hard not to give in and enjoy herself. So when something happens that breaks Cams spirit even more, she sets off on a bus road trip by herself. This is when things start to become interesting. Along the way she meets Andrew, a 25yo good looking guy who is also on a trip for reflection and they kick off an interesting friendship.

I just loved this story, watching the banter between Cam and Andrew was often hilarious. Andrew is a relaxed kind of guy and takes things in his stride. He pushes Cam to her limits and gets her to open up. It was great to see Cam outside of her comfort zone and to break the rules she set for herself. The connection they have, the things they do and how protective they are of each other are truly amazing.

Now, the whole trip comes across as fun but there are some serious issues too (which I didn't see coming) and as I was so attached to the characters I was bawling my eyes out in the end. The emotion of both characters is incredible and I felt like I knew Cam and Andrew personally. I'm pretty sure my heart shattered near the end of this book. I must thank you J.A. Redmerski for writing such an amazing book… I'm looking forward to more and November cannot get here soon enough!!



12 comments:

  1. I was an absolute mess towards the end too. It just hit me hard, I guess. I am so happy that you loved this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantasy Is More FunOctober 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

    Oh you had me when you said "I'm pretty sure my heart shattered near the end of this book." I mean, I was pretty sold already, but I love books that can get you that emotionally connected. Awesome review, added to my TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely sounds good and so does your review, Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I loved this one, and I am sooo glad you did too! The banter was such a good element in the story! And I didn't see some of the more series twists either, but they were good! OMG! Love this review! And I cannot wait for the next book :)


    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear it was an awesome book! I know that feeling of 'why did I wait so long?' Great review Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly did enjoy it! So much I went and found the next book on NetGalley!! Hope to read it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were such great characters... can't wait to read more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha!! Yes... it is a heart wrenching book in the end!! Get it.... you won't regret it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Silvia!! It is an awesome book! I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know!! I grabbed the next one off NetGalley already, dying to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe..... yes, I wish I read it before, although the sequel is due to release soon!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)