Book Boyfriend of the Week ~ Andrew Parish from The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Book Boyfriend of the Week is a NEW weekly meme hosted by Reading and Things. Each week I will tease you about my current Book Boyfriend, to entice you to go out and meet him for yourself! 
This week you must meet my new obsession ~

Andrew Parish
From the very first moment Andrew appeared I knew I was going to love him and boy did I ever!! He is sweet, funny and down to earth!! He speaks his mind and you certainly know what he wants when he speaks to you....
I highlighted so many bits in this book, but I chose this sweet one to share today...
He steps up to me and grips my upper-arms carefully in his hands. And then he leans in and presses his lips softly against mine. I wilt, but I’m still too confused to react properly to it. Confused and stunned and my heart is racing.

He pulls away and looks in at me, his face every bit of sincere and he tilts his head to one side…smiling.

“Why is that funny?” I ask sharply and go to push away from him.

He holds me still by my arms and forces my humiliated gaze, which is beginning to reflect resentment.

“I say that I’m not into you like that, Camryn, because…,” he pauses, searching my face, looking at my lips for a moment as if deciding whether or not he should kiss them again, “…because you’re not the girl I could only sleep with once.”

Kindle Arc Loc 4916
My review for The Edge of Never will be on the blog next week!!



Title: The Edge of Never
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Series: The Edge of Never #1
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: November 15th 2012

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?

Due to sexual content and language, this book is recommended for 17+ – Adult Contemporary Women’s – New Adult Fiction


Rules for the meme:
1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that
3) Pick a quote from his book, it could be long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation, DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises)
5) Share it! And shout it out it using #Reading and Things

Do you have a book boyfriend at the moment? Please leave a comment below with your link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Weekend!!




10 comments:

  1. I was so intrigued by Andrew and that lovely little tease that I went straight to the Overdrive library and borrowed it. I'm looking forward to meeting him.

    My Book Boyfriend @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sounds like my type of guy to swoon over. Thanks for sharing. I seriously need to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* Andrew is definitely an awesome pick. I would ride a bus with him for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great book Marilyn! I hope you like it! Lots of Swoon moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He certainly is!! I hope you get to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! YES!! I would do it any day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Naomi, the last few words of that excerpt are so powerful. I'm swooning here :-)

    Thanks for visiting My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know!! I couldn't help but share this book today too.... I just loved it so damned much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmmmm... very interesting. I will definitely be chacking this book out later.

    I know it's a little late but...

    Check out my Book Boyfriend!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)