Waiting On Wednesday # 103 – House Immortal & The Fine Art of Pretending


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

House Immortal
House Immortal (House Immortal, #1)Author: Devon Monk
Series: House Immortal #1
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Expected Publication: September 2nd 2014






One hundred years ago, eleven powerful ruling Houses consolidated all of the world’s resources and authority into their own grasping hands. Only one power wasn’t placed under the command of a single House: the control over the immortal galvanized....

Matilda Case isn’t like most folk. In fact, she’s unique in the world, the crowning achievement of her father’s experiments, a girl pieced together from bits. Or so she believes, until Abraham Seventh shows up at her door, stitched with life thread just like her and insisting that enemies are coming to kill them all.

Tilly is one of thirteen incredible creations known as the galvanized, stitched together beings immortal and unfathomably strong. For a century, each House has fought for control over the galvanized. Now the Houses are also tangled in a deadly struggle for dominion over death—and Tilly and her kind hold the key to unlocking eternity

The secrets that Tilly must fight to protect are hidden within the very seams of her being. And to get the secrets, her enemies are willing to tear her apart piece by piece.…

The Fine Art of Pretending
The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending, #1)Author: Rachel Harris
Series: The Fine Art of Pretending #1
Genre: YA Contemporary
Expected Publication: September 30th 2014






According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!



20 comments:

  1. Yah! Urban Fantasy read! You know on that cover. The model looks l like the girl who was Tris in that Divergent movie. Haha. =))

    My WOW Post!

    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of these but sounds good and hope that you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. House Immortal is new to me. I hadn't heard of it before. The Fine Art of Pretending looks really like a nice contemporary read.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sounds great. And House Immortal is a new one to me. Nice picks. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read The Fine Art of Pretending! It just sounds like a good read!


    Love your WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? I am so jealous! I love Devon Monk's books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good Fantasy... looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope so too... They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I'm keen to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does look like a good one, hope I get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jenea! I am looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know! Rachel Harris is pretty clever *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah! I want Fine Art SO bad too. Great pick!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! I think it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that series, I have to read the final 2 books (I think)

    ReplyDelete
  16. House Immortal sounds a bit too fantasy even for me, lol. But I hope you enjoy this, I really do!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks, Naomi! I started Monk's Allie Beckstrom series and really liked it. Of course, I'm not caught up but I'm glad there'll be more from her to read once I am. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)