Waiting On Wednesday # 102 – The Jewel & Screwdrivered


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

The Jewel
The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)Author: Amy Ewing
Series: The Lone City #1
Genre: YA Fantasy
Expected Publication: September 2nd 2014






The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty—because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence... and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.

Screwdrivered
Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3)Author: Alice Clayton
Series: Cocktail #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: September 2nd 2014






Readers back for a third round of the bestselling Cocktail series will enjoy a madcap romantic comedy about bodice ripping and chest heaving, fiery passion and love everlasting. Plus a dash of paperwork filing and horseshi—wait, what?

By day, Viv Franklin designs software programs. By night, Vivian’s a secret romance-novel junkie who longs for a knight in shining armor, or a cowboy on a wild stallion, or a strapping firefighter to sweep her off her feet. And she gets to wear the bodice—don’t forget the bodice.

When a phone call brings news that she’s inherited a beautiful old home in Mendocino, California from a long-forgotten aunt, she moves her entire life across the country to embark on what she sees as a great, romance-novel-worthy adventure. But romance novels always have a twist, don’t they?

There’s a cowboy, one that ignites her loins. Because Cowboy Hank is totally loin-ignition worthy. But there’s also a librarian, Clark Barrow. And he calls her Vivian. Can tweed jackets and elbow patches compete with chaps and spurs? You bet your sweet cow pie.

In Screwdrivered, Alice Clayton pits Superman against Clark in a hilarious and hot battle that delights a swooning Viv/Vivian.

Also within this book, an answer to the question of the ages: Why ride a cowboy when you can ride a librarian?


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!



28 comments:

  1. The Jewel sounds interesting. I've yet to read Rusty Nailed before I read Screwe Drivered. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jewel has such a lovely cover, and that Cocktail series seems really entertaining. Thanks for sharing. Great picks!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually thought that the Jewel was amazing. I do like the cover for Jewel. I actually got to hear Alice Clayton read a little snippet from ScrewDrivered a few weeks ago. I need to read Rusty Nailed and soon. Good choices.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janhvi @ The ReaddictsAugust 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM

    I have seen these Alice Clayton books around. Should give them a try. great picks! :)

    here's our WOW



    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great covers! I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading The Jewel this week! I hope it's not too cliche or like The Selection... I hope you enjoy these books when you read them, Naomi!!


    Thanks for visiting my blog!


    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Rusty Nail and it was amazing! I cannot wait to read Screwdrivered. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got an ARC of The Jewel that is my next read after I finish my current book!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Jewel just sounds really good! I'm very excited about that one!


    Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read the first 2 and they were so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jewel sounds sooooo good! I need something different to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know! I love the cover to Jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Grace! Jealous you got to hear Alice read a snippet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope I do too! I'm pretty excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait either! Should be fun to be in Viv's head!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to be reviewing The Jewel next week! I'm reading that one next!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've not heard of The Jewel before but I love the cover! And it sounds good too. :) YES!! for Screwdrivered. Can't wait for that one. Know what else I'm looking forward to? The 2nd Mr. Black! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh.... I'm keen to see your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for Scarlet Red either! I think I will even reread Mister Black before hand, because i just Lurved it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jewels looks so good. I have the arc but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you enjoy it... I am keen to see your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)