Teaser Tuesdays #41 – Taking on the Dead By Annie Walls



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Taking on the Dead
By Annie Walls
The Famished Trilogy #1
Published  September 20th 2012



I’m warm and cozy and don’t want to wake up because I’m so warm. I stiffen, becoming aware of my limbs entangled in Rudy’s. My head rests on his shoulder, my leg circles his thigh, and I’m keeping my hand warm on his chest. Under his T-shirt, his chest rises and falls in a slow rhythm, and a soft padding that can only be chest hair scrunches under my fingertips. 

I slowly untangle our legs. I don’t want him waking up and finding me like this. His body tenses when I lift my head an inch. The next thing I know, I’m flat on my back as Rudy holds my wrists above my head. I must have startled him. He inhales close to my neck, causing my brain to fog.

“Good morning to you, too, Darlin’.’’ His voice vibrates on my neck.

Kindle loc 1155


I absolutely Loved this book and I couldn't  help but share this tease!! It is a bit long but it's so good! You need to check out this book if you love a good Zombie book.... Awesome!! My 5 Star review is coming on May 25th!

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

  1. For a moment there I thought that perhaps he was a zombie. I will have to look this up. I like a good zombie read.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Wicked blade. The cover got me intrigued even before I read the tease.
    Don't worry that the tease was a bit long. I rarely restrict my to two sentences.

    My TT Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica@a GREAT readMay 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

    Awesome tease! Haven't heard of this one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)