Swoon Thursday #40 – Red Dawn by J.J. Bonds


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

I have been enjoying this series and had to share a swoon from the second book this week.... Nik has busy fingers!!
Red Dawn
J.J. Bonds
Crossroads Academy #2


“Just that I know how much you hate to lose.” 

“You know, for a minute there I thought you were trying to compliment me on my resourcefulness,” I tease. 

“Katia, if I were going to compliment you, it would be on those stunningly short shorts,” he purrs. 

Before I can come up with an appropriately indignant response, he’s running his finger along the waistband of my running shorts. Okay, so maybe Nik is faster than me. But I can’t think about that right now. Actually, I can’t think about anything except the heat blazing along my skin. Nik’s finger leaves a delicious trail of fire in its wake. I should push the roving hand away, but deep down I know I don’t want it to end. I want more. A lot more. 

“Nik.” 

“Shh,” he murmurs, closing the gap between us. His lips brush my cheek ever so lightly. My pulse thunders so loudly in my ears that I’m not sure I hear his next words right. “I missed you this summer.”.

 

Kindle Loc 361




Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

11 comments:

  1. That's one HOT! STEAMY! scene. Nik certainly has busy fingers.

    I'm intrigued. Glad you are enjoying the series.

    My Swoon
    @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series before, but I certainly have now! That scene was oh so steamy!!


    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that was hott but sweet at the same time. Plus I love that cover, I love covers with masquerade masks. Great swoon!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book, but I love the swoon. Definitely adding it to my TBR-list.
    Great pick!

    My Swoon: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/05/swoon-thursday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That...was a great swoon! Haven't heard of this series before but it's going on my TBR list now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was great. I love the cover on this, it is beautiful.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got me with the swoon from the first book, so I really hope I can die into those soon. Sounds really hot. My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, HOT! I've never seen or heard of this book, but I love that excerpt you chose! :D

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OoOOo that sounds good. And I love the cover on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa that was hot! Great swoon!

    My Swoon

    Ally @ book fixation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindy@ A Bookish EscapeMay 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM

    I love your Swoon! This book sounds good! I need to check out this series! Here's my Swoon: http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/05/swoon-thursday-16.html

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)