Swoon Thursday #44 – My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

I have finally decided to start this series now the final book is out, because I know I am going to be addicted to it until the very end!! Today,  I decided to share with you Kaylee and Nash's first kiss... It's a little long but those who have read it will love to reminisce!! And for those who haven't read it, what are you waiting for? 



My Soul to Take
Rachel Vincent
Soul Screamers #1


“What should I be thinking about?” My own voice came out lower, my words so soft I could barely hear them.
“Me,” he whispered back, leaning forward so that his lips brushed my ear as he spoke. His scent enveloped me, and his cheek felt scratchy against mine. “You should be thinking about me.” His fingers intertwined with mine in my lap, and he pulled away from my ear slowly, his lips skimming my cheek, deliciously soft in contrast to the sharp stubble. He dropped a trail of small kisses along my jaw, and my heart beat harder with every single one.
When he reached my chin, the kisses trailed up until his mouth met mine, gently sucking my lower lip between his. Teasing without making full contact. My chest rose and fell quickly, my breaths shallow, my pulse racing.
More
He heard me. He must have. Nash pulled back just long enough to meet my gaze, heat blazing behind his eyes, and I realized that he was breathing hard too. His fingers tightened around mine and his free hand slid into the hair at the base of my skull.
Then he kissed me for real.
My mouth opened beneath his, and the kiss went deeper as I drew him in, suddenly ravenous for something I’d never even tasted. My fingers tightened around his, and my free hand found his arm, exploring the hard planes, reveling in the potential of such restrained strength.



Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

30 comments:

  1. I really want to read this series, because the main character's a banshee and its covers are really nice (especially the dresses and the mist/fog molding together). Maybe I should start it now too, since I don't have to wait for anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome swoon! I love first kisses. I look forward to finding out what you think of the whole series when you are done reading it.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! I have waited for this one, and didn't really read a lot into it as I didn't want to be spoiled!! I knew I'd love this series, I love the rest of her work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it so far, i'm telling you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela ReadingCaveMay 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM

    I like this series, but I will be honest- I am not a Nash fan. Good swoon though.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only just started.... so I have no clue as to what happens, things are sure to change!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been holding out on reading it, but am glad I can read it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great series. And what an awesome teaser. Hope you enjoy it. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  9. *runs in circles* I love this series to death! Such great books! Cannot wait to see what you think of this series!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I have these books on my shelf but I haven't gotten to them yet, I am totally moving them up on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah, cool cover! I have never read anything by Rachel Vincent! Thank you for the really long excerpt! That swoon is HOT! I hope you enjoyed the series as a whole! There are so many of those books O_O

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THIS SERIES!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this series. Definitely interested now, great swoon. :)

    My Swoon Thursday: https://twitter.com/skizzles22/status/340172843792875520

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved that book! That was a good part too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindy@ A Bookish EscapeMay 31, 2013 at 9:20 AM

    Naomi, Great Swoon scene! Would you believe that I own this whole series, but I just haven't gotten to it yet! I'm motivated to push this up my TBR list now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Guys who grab by the back of the neck....mmmmm so yummy! I love how the scene has a slow but intense build up. Great swoon!

    Thanks for dropping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummm... Me Likey!

    My
    Swoon
    from A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh yes!! Thought you would approve!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know!! I was exactly the same, now I have the final book, I just had to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Rachel Vincent. Her shifter series was awesome and I have begun her Bound series too... awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehehe!! Thought you'd be happy I started, finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know, couldn't help but share!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You must!! I had the whole series too, and thought I'd better start!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me too!! Guys in control... so hawt!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh yes what a swoon! I haven't heard of this book i will have to check it out on goodreads. Thanks for stopping by < a href="http://two-tall-tales.blogspot.com/2013/05/swoon-thursday-8-good-vibrations-sl.html>My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh!! You must check it out!! You won't regret it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jessica MangicaroMay 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM

    Great swoon Naomi! I loved this series and I can't wait to see what you think as the books progress!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)