Swoon Thursday #41 – Pursuing the Times by Lauren Baratz-Logsted


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

I picked up this book this morning, intending to only read a few chapters...... Ummm, read it in one day, it was fun!!

Pursuing the Times
Lauren Baratz-Logsted


“I’m sorry,” I said, no doubt blushing. “I just got carried away…” 

I started to draw back. 

“No,” he said, stopping me. “That’s quite all right. It’s really quite…” 

And then, with exquisite slowness, he brought his lips down to meet mine. 

It was a long slow kiss. It was sweet. It was wet – but not too wet! It was the kind of kiss you dream of when you’re twelve years old and you wish more than anything to grow up one day to be the recipient of the kind of kiss that knocks you off your feet. 

So overcome by the sweetness and underlying powerfulness, forcefulness of that kiss, I nearly fell over..

 

Kindle Loc 2267



Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

12 comments:

  1. Aww, poor girl! Usually it's the forceful ones that keel a girl over :D I have never heard of this book! But I hope you enjoy(ed) it :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie at I Heart YA BooksMay 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

    I love the "knock you off your feet kiss' swoons! I haven't heard of this book, Naomi, but putting it on my TBR list! Great swoon!

    My swoon: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/swoon-thursday-we-got-your-swoons-right.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read it in one day! OMG! I love it when you get a book you can't put down. Awesome swoon.

    Marilyn@marilyn's mystery blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what a great swoon!! I love books like that- where I only plan to read a little and then find myself devouring it!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute. Thanks for sharing! My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wickedly DeliciousMay 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

    Good slow kiss swoon. Sometimes you just need that.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that swoon! Love it! That was very sweet!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole@ The More the MerrierMay 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM

    Love that Swoon, nice and sweet! I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds interesting.

    Thanks for dropping by my Swoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My God that swoon! Love it!

    My Swoon



    Ally@book fixation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, that was a very sweet, and sexy swoon! Love it!

    Here's my Swoon:

    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/05/swoon-thursday-17.html



    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angela ReadingCaveMay 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM

    I love kisses that make your knees weak.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great swoon!

    My Swoon from Free Souls by Susan Kaye Quinn.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)