Swoon Thursday #42 – Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

I decided I needed something fun to read and this is all that and more!! Check out the swoon.... there are so many, but this was definitely worth sharing!!

Suddenly Royal
Nichole Chase
Suddenly #1

“If I can’t have it, no one can.” I narrowed my eyes in mock threat. 

“Is that so?” 

“You’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.” I backed into the bookshelf behind me. 

“Maybe I just need to distract you long enough to steal it.” He put a hand on the shelf by my head. 

“And how do you plan on doing that?” I licked my lips. 

“I have a few ideas.” He moved his other hand, caging me in, and leaned down. 

I clutched the books to my chest and my heart beat against them like a drum. Alex brought his mouth close to mine but stopped a centimeter away. I inhaled his scent and fought my urge to close the distance. Slowly he moved his mouth to my cheek, close enough that I could feel his breath wash across my skin. His journey continued down my jaw and to my neck. My head tilted of its own accord, letting him have better access. One of his hands moved from near my head to just beside my waist, the sleeve of his jacket brushing against my arm. 

As he moved from my right side to the left, I tilted my head again, my body alive with anticipation. I wanted him to kiss me. Needed his kiss, and I was near my breaking point—no more waiting. His other hand slid down from the shelf and closed on my waist while he took a step closer, pressing his body against mine. He brought his head back up and looked into my eyes. 

“I want to kiss you, Samantha.” He took a deep breath and moved a little closer. “But I’m not going to kiss you again until you ask me to.”.

 

Kindle Loc 2894




Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

16 comments:

  1. Wickedly DeliciousMay 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM

    I will be honest never would of thought twice about looking any further with this novel as the cover reminds me of The Princess Diaries. Loved your swoon enough got me curious to check it out and yes it is like The Princess Diaries theme. But found it NA and I am actually interested. Adding to my wish list. Love the last line. Thanks for sharing a new author for me.
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this swoon! I have been wanting to get my hands on this book for a while now. It's not something I'd usually read, but it sounds good! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing so many great things about this book! I just bought it, and am really excited to read it! I can't wait to meet prince yummy! Thanks for a great Swoon! I am really anticipating this book! Thanks for visiting my blog :)


    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. A guy who waits to be asked if he can bestow a kiss? You don't see them too often. Great Swoon Naomi.

    Thanks for stopping by :D I'm half way through BD now and still loving it.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela ReadingCaveMay 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

    Does she ask him to? Come on that is all we get?

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!! lol!! There's heaps in there, let me tell you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!! You can so do this one.... Swoons EVERYWHERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me either!! But I read so many good reviews, couldn't help myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes!! Prince Yummy!! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah... but there's reasons!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arrrh I'm in the middle of reading this one right now!! Now if you'll excuse me I must go and find out if she says yes!!!

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have heard some very good things about this one and that is so swoony!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED this book Naomi! I cannot even tell you how much! Alex is just.... sigh. Yeah. SIGH. Love him!

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean.... he is awesome!! Mmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are waaaayyyyy more swoons, don't worry!! You must read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehe!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as me!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)