Swoon Thursday #16 - Beg For Mercy By Shannon Dermott



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

I read this book for a tour, Mercy is a Succubus, and boy is she in trouble!!


Beg For Mercy
By Shannon Dermott
Cambion #1
Published August 2011



We didn’t speak but just looked at each other in silent conversation.  I knew what my eyes were saying.  My mouth however wouldn’t dare to speak those words as long as my mind was in control.  Kiss me.  The heat that flared over my skin was electric.  I felt something begin to bubble inside me wanting to take over where I was afraid to go.  

His hand came up as he took a step forward.  I was sure he’d read my mind.  I waited like this moment could last forever.  His head tilted forward as I patiently held expectantly.  When our skin met, the top of his head touched mine. His hand that I had forgotten about touched my chin.  I’d assumed he’d tilt my head so our mouths could reach each other. I wasn’t in a position to stop him because I didn’t want him to.  

But instead his thumb brushed lightly over my bottom lip tracing it leaving a tingling sensation in its wake.  Yearning, I felt alive.  I was certain I hadn’t felt this way before. He pulled back, but I held onto his hand.  I wasn’t ready for him to go and he’d cheated me from his airbrush kiss.  He looked at me when I didn’t let go of his hand.  Still I didn’t speak.  I let my eyes tell my story hoping he could read it.


Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

14 comments:

  1. Oooh!! How I love a lengthy swoon!! And the cover, very enticing!!

    Thanks so much for sharing :D

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! That was an amazing swoon! I hope he ends up reading the story in her eyes!

    Here's my Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that cover and WHAT A SWOON! Loves it!

    My Swoon
    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Swoon!

    Here's My Swoon!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was good too!! Can't help but to share the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe!! me too!! I really enjoyed this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx!! I think the cover is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked it too!! There were a few to choose from, thought this one more fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole@ The More the MerrierNovember 17, 2012 at 7:17 PM

    That definitely had me swooning! Great Choice.
    Thanks for dropping by my Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean...I just...wow. DID HE KISS HER?! Please say he did!
    Yea....thanks so much for passing by my post, Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it might!! Glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehe... it's a cheeky one isn't it!! I loved this scene!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)