Swoon Thursday #14 - Solid by Shelley Workinger

The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!


I started reading this book today, and I was like, Come On!! Where's a Swoon!! Finally I got one to share with you...


Solid by Shelley Workinger

“I can’t believe you did all this. For me.” This is what it feels like to be honored, I thought, my throat thick. 

“I think you’re worth it,” he said simply, taking my hand and lacing his strong fingers between mine. With my eyes still trained on the ceiling, I felt, rather than saw his head turn toward me. My racing heart screeched to a halt and for an instant I wasn’t sure I was still on the planet.


I slowly turned my face to meet his and found him impossibly close. It was so intensely still that when he blinked his eyes, his long lashes fluttered a breeze across my face. I felt the current buzzing between our side-by-side limbs and I was sure that even the slightest movement would ignite the inevitable spark, would roar into an engulfing flame. 


If he’d been cautious about making the wrong rushed move so far tonight, that hesitation was long gone as his warm lips smoothly met mine. His kiss was everything I’d hoped it would be – confident and strong, but without the intent to conquer. He didn’t so much claim my mouth as draw it to his, calling me to join him at a mutual center.



What do you think?? Nice hey, sweet talker and a romantic!

Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?


Leave me a comment!

5 comments:

  1. I have been so curious about this book and I just wasnt sure if it is for me, but that swoon is convincing me more and more that I should read it. Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole@ The More the MerrierNovember 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM

    Nice choice. I especially liked the last line. I've heard of this book but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hope you enjoy it!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Swoon!

    Here's My Swoon!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great swoon. Love your choice. I haven't seen this book before but the covers interesting!!

    Thanks for stopping by. So glad you liked my swoooooooon!!! :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice! I have this book. Need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)