Waiting on Wednesday # 9 - Myopia by Bisi Leyton




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.



This week I scrolled though some of the books I read for book tours to see what I would be looking forward to after reading the first book in the series. I came across 
Wisteria and realised book 2 comes out soon! I am excited!




Myopia - Wisteria #2 by Bisi Leyton
Expected Publication – October 15th 2012



Book Description

Sixteen-year-old Wisteria has embraced her deep bond with eighteen-year-old Bach, a member of a supernatural race called the Family, despite the risk of his family finding out. Should Bach’s people discover his bond with a human, Wisteria will be guaranteed a painful and bloody death—but somehow, being together is more important.

When Bach's father, the powerful Sen of The Third Pillar, hears rumors that his son has been willingly communing with free humans, the Sen decrees that Bach is to name a girl from the Family as his intended and pledge his life to her—something Bach as no intention of doing.

Their bond is tested when empirics, an elite group of Family investigators, are sent to the Isle of Smythe under the orders of Bach’s father to find artifacts stolen by the humans. They’re to find the artifacts at any cost. Among the empirics is Bach’s old friend, the stunning Alba, who has learned about Bach and Wisteria’s secret relationship, and surprisingly accepts this. With no one else in the Family to turn to, she becomes Bach’s ally and confidant, but possibly more.

As the empirics start to take over the town, Wisteria is torn between trusting Bach and the safety of the humans on Smythe. She soon realizes that she and Bach are on opposite sides of the war between the Family and Humans, and there is no middle ground. One of them must choose a side.


What do you think?? I love both covers of these books and the weekend can’t get here soon enough!!

What are you waiting for? Please leave it in a comment below or leave me your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Have a great Wednesday!!

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these books before but I like the covers! The first one reminds me a bit of Anna Dressed in Blood (UK version where her dress is read). The description sounds like something different from the usual YA paranormal genre stuff so I'll definitely check them out :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I like the cover of Anna Dressed in Blood too. It has been a great read so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of either of these books before but they do look really interesting! I really like the Wisteria cover! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! And I do have to say I love how spooky the covers are! Thanks for stopping by my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome!! Thank you for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know!! I love how spooky they look, I'd hate to live on earth in that world though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for this Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome!! I'm excited that it's now out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Wisteria sounds really interesting. I'm going to have to check it out for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, Wisteria series! Definitely one to check out... I am Legend type of book. But with some people from out of this world thrown in!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)