Teaser Tuesday #13 - Dead Embers by T.G. Ayer



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This weeks teaser is from the second book in the Valkyrie series by T.G. Ayer. I really loved the first book, Dead Reckoning, so I am looking forward to this one!!


Dead Embers by T.G. Ayer
Valkyrie #2
Published August 31st 2012

Glaring at the view meant turning my back on Fen.

Big mistake.

I'd assumed he still stood beside me, lost in his funk, entranced by the silvery-white valley. But when my back suddenly warmed, as some large object shielded my body from the icy fingers of the gusting wind, every muscle in my body tensed. I glanced over my shoulder, my heart tripping.

Too late. Too late to turn and defend myself.

Too late to stop him.

For a shadow of a second, I stared into his eyes, shocked, horrified he'd do such a thing to me. A thousand fears filtered through my frigid brain. Was he in cahoots with Loki? Or was he Freya's dog all along?

It took an eternity for him to blink. Even longer for me to blink.

Then Fenrir pushed me, and I fell off the cliff into pure white oblivion.


Kindle Loc 450


Oooh!! Fenrir!! You are nasty right there.... What have you done??
I wonder why he did that... What are your thoughts??


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks for stopping by!!

20 comments:

  1. Oh no, what happened to her? Great teaser. Check out mine @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is one intriguing teaser. I have to know what happens next. My teasers this week are from The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski and Dangerous Affairs by Diana Miller. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! There's some serious stuff going on there. VERY intriguing! =)

    My TT @ The Coffee Pot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't heard of this but that was quite a teaser so I think I'll have to pick up a copy to find out what happens!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I was so into it. Need more. Great teaser.
    Fallen Angels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! That's a killer teaser!! Makes me wanna know what's going on and what's going to happen!!!! AHhhhh!!!!

    Now I'm curious!!!! Ha ha!

    Great pick and thanks for sharing girl!!

    My TT



    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn. I thought it was going to be sex, not violence. Good teaser.

    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a killer teaser!! To die for!! Fenrir (Unusual name) must be one badass dude!!

    My Teaser @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic teaser! I love that cover too. Yeah, you can never trust Fenrir.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool teaser, and a creepy-ish cover.

    Here’s my Tuesday Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does sound good doesn't it?? I'm really enjoying this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There certainly is!! So much action!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you need to!! The first book shattered my heart 3 times!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha!! I know what you mean, that was right at the end of the chapter too, had to continue reading to see what happened!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course you're curious..... that was the point..Lol!! Thanx Magen!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHA!! Now that would be interesting!! I can see what you mean though!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, going into a bit of mythology, but It's becoming a hell of a ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm... I really like Fenrir, I hope he stays as one of the good guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think so too!! I am really enjoying this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha!! That's all part of the tease....

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)