Swoon Thursday #13 – Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!


This week I have picked a swoon from a book that is just outside the YA genre, but I really loved this book! I decided to start reading it Tuesday night, because I thought the storyline will take a while to warm up. Boy was I wrong!! At almost 2am I decided to put the book down, because the kids can’t drive themselves to school, but it didn’t stop me from reading the book all Wednesday, until I finished it!!


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

He was holding back, but I could see it in his eyes that his self-control wouldn’t last long.

I leaned in again, and this time his arms gave way just enough for me to brush my lips against his. I looked up at him from under my brows, resolute. It took me a moment to say the words, but I would say them. “Don’t make me beg,” I whispered against his mouth.

With those four words, his reservations vanished. He kissed me, hard and eager. My fingers ran down the length of his back and settled on the elastic of his boxers, nervously running along the gather of the fabric. His lips grew impatient then, and I fell against the mattress when he crashed into me. His tongue found its way to mine one again, and when I gained the courage to slide my hand between his skin and the boxers, he groaned.


Hmm!! This was an amazing Rollercoaster ride, and loved every single minute of it!! The second book will be out 2013, called Walking Disaster, which is the same book but told from Travis's POV.... I can't wait!

Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?


Leave me a comment!

18 comments:

  1. Naomi,
    This is my #1 Favourite Contemporary of all time and My #1 Book Boyfriend. I love Travis!!! Great Swoon :D

    Here's my Swoon.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I may have to do another re-read of BD. Love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Holy cowzers! Sometimes you just gotta beg!
    Angela readingcave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Travis! I can't wait until the sequel written in his POV!




    Here's My Swoon!
    Catarina@Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this book. Honestly so so in love. Great choice for swoon!!! Thank you for the amazing comment!!! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy swoon for sure!!!



    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh!!! Love that book!! And girl! You picked the best swoon! Oh my!! *giggles*

    Loved it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my Swoon :D

    Magen Corrie

    ~Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh!! That's not just a swoon. That's a bit Naughty!!

    2am! I don't think I can keep my eyes open that long. And yeah, driving the kids to school, I fully get that!!

    Thanks for stopping by! I thought you'd like my swoon. Trick is one cool dude!

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YES YES! I love me some Travis Maddox! This book was so unconventionally swoonworthy!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahuh!! It was such a nice scene too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell me about it!! Will be great to see how his brain works!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too!! It was awesome!! I was addicted to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha!! You crack me up!! I loved that one too!! Mmmm Travis!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't help it, I only wanted to read a little, I couldn't stop myself!!


    Trick certainly is!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES IT IS!! It was awesome!! Argh.. I can't wait to read it again, from Travis's POV... it will be interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what you mean, he smashed his way up my list too!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)