Waiting On Wednesday #11 - Omega by Susannah Sandlin


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

The third book in the Penton Legacy is due out in feb 2012 and this week Susannah revealed the cover! Now I'm pretty excited because Susannah has quickly become one of my favourite authors. 

Omega by Susannah Sandlin
Expected Release February 5th 2013


Here is a snippet from Omega that Susannah placed on her website


In this early scene, which takes place three nights after the final events of ABSOLUTION, I'm rambling around the outskirts of Penton, heading to my house to find the spare computer I buried in a box out back (because I'm always prepared like that--you know, Boy Scout that I am). I've started having these weird symptoms, where my senses are heightened and it's freaking me out. And of course I still have that annoying ex-soldier as my partner--but only when I can't find a way to ditch her....



Will stopped frequently, scenting the air for vampires or humans, and picked up his first whiff of eau de vampire about a mile from downtown, or what was left of downtown after Matthias had tried to blast it to hell. 

He stopped and scented the air again. Normally, all he could distinguish was whether something warm-blooded nearby was vampire, human, or animal. But he knew there were two vampires nearby; one belonged to the Penton scathe, and one didn’t. What the hell’s going on? 


Maybe he was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and his senses had become heightened just before a total shutdown. If so, he wished he’d go ahead and get it over with.  He ignored both vampires and skirted to the back of the street where the burned shell of his house still smelled of smoke and ash after three days. Aligning his position with the oak twenty feet behind what was left of his chimney, he paced forty steps back from the tree.

A thorny bramble draped over a small, scrubby bush and pricked his fingers when he pulled it back. Grasping the trunk of the bush, he eased it from its loose grasp in the soil, exposing the top of a metal box.


The loud click of a cocked pistol preceded the cold press of steel against the back of his head by less than a second. 
He inhaled, annoyed he’d gotten so engrossed in his task he’d let someone slip up on him.


     Vampire. 
     Penton scathe. 
     Female. 
     Freaking Randa.






What do you think? I'm really looking forward to Will's story, I have even offered for him to come live with me and rename my blog so we can live together.... Wilmi's Paranormal Palace....Nice ring to it?

What are you waiting for? Please leave it in a comment below or leave me your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Have a great Wednesday!!

10 comments:

  1. Cassie@GreatMunchieReadsOctober 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM

    I haven't seen this series before. It looks awesome. I am going to put them all on my TBR Pile right now!
    Thanks heaps for an awesome pick and for stopping by :-)


    Cassie

















    GreatMunchieReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have enjoyed this series so far! It will be fun next year, when I finally get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like an interesting book.


    thanks for stopping by.
    MY WOW


    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I hadn't heard of this one. Interesting choice. Come visit me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard about this one but it looks fabulous! Adding it to the reading pile :D Thanks so much for featuring it!

    My WoW

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this series before. Is it good? The cover is creepy and beautiful at the same time.


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it awesome!! I'm going to love Will's story!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this series!! It's right up the top of my lists now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may need to check it out Grace!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)