Waiting On Wednesday # 147 – The Fifth Season / Strong Enough

I love the sound of N.K. Jemisin's fantasy read... And one of my favourite authors, M.Leighton has a new book coming... CANNOT wait! 
The Fifth Season (The Broken Stone, #1)
Title: The Fifth Season
Author: N.K. Jemisin
Series: The Broken Stone #1
Genre: Fantasy
Expected Publication: August 4th 2015 by Orbit


This is the way the world ends. Again.

Three terrible things happen in a single day. Essun, a woman living an ordinary life in a small town, comes home to find that her husband has brutally murdered their son and kidnapped their daughter. Meanwhile, mighty Sanze -- the world-spanning empire whose innovations have been civilization's bedrock for a thousand years -- collapses as most of its citizens are murdered to serve a madman's vengeance. And worst of all, across the heart of the vast continent known as the Stillness, a great red rift has been been torn into the heart of the earth, spewing ash enough to darken the sky for years. Or centuries.

Now Essun must pursue the wreckage of her family through a deadly, dying land. Without sunlight, clean water, or arable land, and with limited stockpiles of supplies, there will be war all across the Stillness: a battle royale of nations not for power or territory, but simply for the basic resources necessary to get through the long dark night. Essun does not care if the world falls apart around her. She'll break it herself, if she must, to save her daughter.

Strong Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #1)
Title: Strong Enough
Author: M. Leighton
Series: Tall, Dark, and Dangerous #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: August 4th 2015 by Berkley


From the author of the New York Times bestselling Bad Boys novels comes the first in a dark, sexy contemporary trilogy. 

Is she strong enough to trust the most dangerous man she’s ever met? And is he strong enough to let her? 

How would I describe myself? Well, I’m Muse Harper. I’m a twenty-something painter who loves red wine, quirky movies, and men with a fatal flaw. But that was before I met Jasper King. He became my fatal flaw. Eight months ago, I had a choice to make—abandon everything I’ve ever known to protect my family, or stay and risk someone getting hurt. I chose the former. My plan was working just fine until I found out my father had gone missing.

That’s when I met Jasper. A bounty hunter with the eyes of a tiger and the nose of a bloodhound, he was supposed to help me find my father. What I didn’t know was that meeting him was no accident. Hunting people isn’t all that Jasper does. And helping me was only part of his plan. I just wish I’d found out sooner, before my heart got involved. But even then, I don’t know if I’d have done things differently.

Now, I have another choice to make—trust the man that I’m falling in love with and hope that he’ll do the right thing, or run as far away from him as I can get.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating.

11 comments:

  1. Eep! I'm excited about the Leighton one too though I passed it for review. I must make my pile smaller! lol But when I'm caught up some...totally grabbing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Both of these sound great. Hope you get to enjoy them real soon.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela ReadingCaveJuly 1, 2015 at 8:02 PM

    Woowziers! Both of these look really good. Strong Enough will be added to my TBR pile right away!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica @ a GREAT readJuly 1, 2015 at 9:31 PM

    OOoh nice! These are two new to me reads! That first one sounds intriguing! Like its mysterious cover! The other is totally new to me as well! Hope you enjoy them both once you get to read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!!! I love M. Leighton, and am ready to read Strong Enough!!!


    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I was able to get it... loved it! Jasper is YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you think so... I can't help myself when it comes to M. Leighton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was too... I love me some Jasper! I hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)