Waiting On Wednesday # 24 - Cinder By Jessica Sorensen


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

I wasn't able to find a book description for this one as yet, but found this teaser on the Authors website..... Enjoy!!

Cinder
By Jessica Sorensen
Death Collectors #2
Expected Publication – May 2013

Cinder (Death Collectors, #2)


I shut the door quietly and turn back to my bed, but halt at the sight of him. “Asher.”

He’s sitting on my bed, shirtless, and his wings are tucked behind his back in full angel form. His head is tipped down, his inky black hair hangs in his eyes, and his sadness is heartbreaking.

“I’m not supposed to be here,” he says, meeting my gaze.

My heart beats to life in my chest. “Then why are you?”

“Because I had to see you.” He stands to his feet and his wings span open. All I want to do it touch them, run my fingers along the black feathers and feel the softness of each one. “I had to know if you’re okay.”

“I’m okay,” I lie not wanting to make him any gloomier.

“I wish that were true. But it’s not.” He steps toward me and his wings close in and disappear into his back.

“Why? What’s going on?” I ask, staring at the tattoos on his ribs. “Does this have something to do with the battle?”

He nods his head slowly as he continues to inch toward me. “And I have to explain some things. But first I need something from you.”

My eyes refuse to leave him as he stops right in front of me, so close I could reach out and trace my fingers up his chest. He cups the back of my head with his hand and brings my lips to his. A fire ignites inside me as press my body against his, needing to touch as much of him as possible, knowing that when I let go, he’s going to leave again.




What are you waiting for? Please leave it in a comment below or leave me your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Have a great Wednesday!!

16 comments:

  1. Whoa...I'll settle for no synopsis when there's a teaser like that! :) Thanks for sharing & stopping by my WoW. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deidra @ Simply BooksJanuary 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM

    Feel free to just use teasers all the time! ;) This book sounds delicioius!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis sounds good.

    Hope you get to read it soon.

    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooo I really like that creepy cover!! So pretty!!! ha ha And it does sound good!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this. I will have to look into the first in series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's pretty too!! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was good, wasn't it!! Will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it would be good!! Thanks for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you should!! I really enjoyed the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great cover!! The first one is a little creepy too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must read Ember.... i loved it!! I hope you get to it soon....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read an excerpt of Ember months ago and immediately bought it, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it >.< I really have to dig in soon so I'll be caught up when the sequel comes out! Love the premise and covers for the series :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh what a pretty cover! This book sounds awesome!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man that cover is fantastic. This makes me want to go back and get the first book in the series. Nice Wow pick.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)