Author: Amy A. Bartol
Series: The Premonition #4
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Published: November 28th 2013
GENEVIEVE “EVIE” CLAREMONT is half angel and half human, the only angel known to exist with a soul. Raised by her Uncle Jim and believing she’s a typical 17-year-old, Evie cannot reconcile the harrowing nightmares that haunt her every time she closes her eyes or the extreme physical changes her body is undergoing. With each passing day, it becomes harder to ignore the facts...that she’s not normal, and neither is Reed.
Evie’s connection to Reed: Evie is physically drawn to Reed by an odd, fluttering magnetism that they call “butterflies.” The longer they’re near each other, the more the raw desire builds within them for one another. Evie’s angel side loves only Reed.
Evie’s connection with Russell: Russell is Evie’s human soul mate. They have shared thousands of lifetimes together on Earth as humans prior to this lifetime in which Evie is now half angel and no longer a mortal being. Evie’s human side or soul loves only Russell.
Physical attributes: 17 until her 18th birthday on October 30th, 5’ 9”, auburn hair, grayish-blue eyes, extremely lithe and sexy with an athletic propensity, and when she evolves retractable wings, they’re petite, crimson in color, and resemble an avian.
Evie’s Class of angel: Seraphim angel – first tier of angels, they’re the highest order of angel and the closest to God. They’re known as God’s guardians and are distinguishable by their wing color, which is red or crimson and resemble an avian. They’re equal in physical strength to a Power angel when fully evolved. Their symbol is the shield.
Evie’s Supernatural abilities:
· Heal from serious wounds – ability to heal quickly and regenerate tissue, sinew and bone rapidly. This is a standard angelic trait.
· Acute hearing - ability to hear conversations in another room or mice in the basement. This is a standard angelic trait.
· Higher visual acuity – Can see vast distances and has night vision. Able to detect several colors not in the human spectrum of vision, and allows the angel to see lingering “souls” who have not ascended (they can see ghosts). This is a standard angelic trait.
· Run extremely fast - she can move so fast she is just a blur to the human eye. This is a standard angelic trait.
· Power to heal others - ability to take the wound from another being by absorbing the wound and manifesting it within her body. This ability is a trait unique to Evie in Inescapable.
· Immortality – Evie’s angelic body is eternal, unless she is destroyed by another being, but it would be difficult to kill her and she would suffer immensely to accomplish it. She is unable to survive without her human soul, so if it is taken (reaped) she’ll die.
I live in Michigan with my husband and our two sons. My family is very supportive of my writing. When I’m writing, they often bring me the take-out menu so that I can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when I talk about my characters like they’re real. They rarely roll their eyes when I tell them I’ll only be a second while I finish writing a chapter…and then they take off their coats. They ask me how the story is going when I surface after living for hours in a world of my own making. They have learned to accept my “writing uniform” consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at my nerdy bookishness whenever I try to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get me, so they are perfect and I am blessed. Please visit me at my website: http://www.amyabartol.com/
Click on each book to add to your TBR list on Goodreads!
Click on the banner to view the rest of the Tour Schedule