Waiting On Wednesday # 91 – The Glass Sentence & UnWritten


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

The Glass Sentence
The Glass SentenceAuthor: S.E. Grove
Series: The Mapmakers Trilogy #1
Genre: YA Fantasy
Expected Publication: June 12th 2014








She has only seen the world through maps. She had no idea they were so dangerous.

Boston, 1891. Sophia Tims comes from a family of explorers and cartologers who, for generations, have been traveling and mapping the New World—a world changed by the Great Disruption of 1799, when all the continents were flung into different time periods. Eight years ago, her parents left her with her uncle Shadrack, the foremost cartologer in Boston, and went on an urgent mission. They never returned. Life with her brilliant, absent-minded, adored uncle has taught Sophia to take care of herself.

Then Shadrack is kidnapped. And Sophia, who has rarely been outside of Boston, is the only one who can search for him. Together with Theo, a refugee from the West, she travels over rough terrain and uncharted ocean, encounters pirates and traders, and relies on a combination of Shadrack’s maps, common sense, and her own slantwise powers of observation. But even as Sophia and Theo try to save Shadrack’s life, they are in danger of losing their own.

The Glass Sentence plunges readers into a time and place they will not want to leave, and introduces them to a heroine and hero they will take to their hearts. It is a remarkable debut.

UnWritten
UnWritten
Author: Chelsea M. Cameron
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: June 2014







Blair Walton isn't your average tattooed children's librarian. She's also one half of bestselling romance author, Scarlet Rose. Along with her bff Raine, she spends her nights writing books so steamy, she's afraid they would shock her Southern conservative grandmother to death, if she knew about them. Blair and Raine keep their smut peddling ways a secret from everyone, including family.

On deadline for their latest book and out of ideas, Raine suggests (demands) that Blair find a guy and "do some research." It just so happens that Blair has a guy that's ready and willing. Declan Bennet has all the qualifications: He's British, looks fabulous in a suit and gets bonus points for being a single dad. But what started out as a research project quickly turns into something much more. Someone else is writing this love story and Blair has completely lost control. But will Declan still feel the same way when he finds out the truth about Blair and her secret motives?


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!



24 comments:

  1. I'm loving your picks this week! I love the sound of UnWritten, sounds intriguing! I'm adding both to my TBR list :D

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks. I especially like the sound of The Glass Sentence. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica @ a GREAT readJune 4, 2014 at 8:26 PM

    OOh nice picks! Both are totally new to me! Hope you enjoy them both too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either of these, Naomi. (although I know Cameron) I think my son might really like The Glass Sentence. He loves maps and he loves history. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Havent heard of these but sounds good and hope that you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenea WhittingtonJune 5, 2014 at 1:12 AM

    These are some great picks Naomi! The Glass Sentence is a new one to me.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the second one sounds like it would be a very fun read!! And the cover is so pretty, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the sounds of Unwritten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds interesting, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, I think it is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jenea, I found it while browsing the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover too... so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too... I enjoy Chelsea's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first isn't so much for me, I think I'm a bit fed up with YA at the moment, but Unwritten sounds like I would eat it up!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, Naomi! Both of these sound absolutely amazing. I love time travel / parallel world stuff, so The Glass Sentence is definitely for me. And I love Chelsea Cameron. I need Unwritten!

    Thanks for sharing, Naomi.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. That happens though, you go through stages... I started a Paranormal Blog, because I was into that at the time, but now I read so much Contemporary!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know! They both sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I'm loving the sound of Unwritten!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know! It sounds soooooo good!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just heard about The Glass Sentence today but it's gone straight on to my wishlist as it sounds so good! Hope you get to read it soon :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)