Swoon Thursday #95 – Born in Flames by Candace Knoebel

Swoon Thursday is a super HOT meme created by the fabulous girls over at YA Bound.
Born in Flames
Author: Candace Knoebel
Series: Born in Flames Trilogy #1
Genre: YA Fantasy/Paranormal
Published: September 6th 2012
This was a fantastic start to a series that I am keen to see more of. Rory has been such a reserved character but is starting to open up now. Looking forward to more!


I smiled as a feeling of euphoria consumed me, and I spun around to face him. I don’t know what possessed me, but I didn’t even hesitate to kiss him with every beautiful emotion in my being. 

Butterflies flew crazily in my stomach, making it hard to concentrate, and the lullaby kicked into gear, stealing all rationality. My heart seemed to sync in time with the harmonious song that had unleashed between us like an untamed fire. His lips were so soft and gentle. My knees melted into oblivion.

~ Kindle Arc Loc 1844


My review will be on the blog Friday!
Red mirrored scales race up my arms as the haze of pain blurs my vision. My bones crack, breaking to realign. I scream. It is then that the realization of my unavoidable fate sinks in; I am of a dying race. I am dragon. 

Aurora Megalos, orphaned and teetering on the edge of adulthood, thought finding her past would curb the sting of being an outcast. Having no memories of the time before she awoke on her foster mother’s doorstep, she yearns for the emptiness inside her to be filled. With her fellow orphaned best friend, Fenn, by her side, she has nothing to lose and everything to gain. But something powerful stirred within her that she couldn’t explain. Something wanted out. 

In the dark of night, a crazed Seer, dubbed Mr.Creepy, erases everything she’s ever known with an impending prophecy. She now faces two paths. Return to her true home to protect a dying race against a growing evil, or stay hidden in the safety of our realm with a shot at a true love. With a vengeful Arch Enemy stopping at nothing to see her dead, she’s running out of time; a decision must be made. What would you choose?


Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

Did you get swooned this week? Please leave a comment below with your Swoon link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday!!


33 comments:

  1. another dragon book! Dragons are popular today for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melting knees is a GOOD kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful swoon. Great pick Naomi.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this series until now, but I love dragons, so I'll definitely be adding these babies to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this series, definitely curious about it. I like the swoony moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Franny @ Mind ReaderJune 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM

    Aaaannnd we melt into the oblivion as well...
    Great teaser, Naomi! Never heard about this but I'm definitely keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am anxious to read your review because, DRAGONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nice. She was daring! I like that.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first one I've read and it only touches on the Dragon aspect... hopefully more soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually forgot that I had it... was supposed to review it ages ago... Naughty me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I think it is going to be a fun series!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dragon stories, and dragon stories with yummy romance are even better! I love that last line "melted into oblivion." That cover is pretty awesome too, her hair looks all intense & fiery! Will be checking this one out on GR :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Itara @ My Midnight FantasiesJune 7, 2014 at 5:59 AM

    Wow that was so cute! I haven't read a book about dragons before, umm they're scary, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked that! Definitely a brave character! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, I love that! Rationality, make way for oblivion :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this one is completely new to me but I love it! Love when the girl just goes for it!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Swoon friend! I love how the author describes the feeling of euphoria and kissing with every emotion in her being! What a beautiful book cover too!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome sneak peak!! Glad you enjoyed this one :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehe... I'm looking forward to more of this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know! Good on her for stepping up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All the covers look great, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I did... It's building to be an interesting series!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for that swoon, Naomi! I can't wait to read your review - lucky me, I'm behind and I only have to go click on it. ;) I hope you're having a fantastic week! Have you met any Onslow boys yet?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was a sweet one, this is going to be a great series!
    And no luck on the Onslow boys ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)