Swoon Thursday #80 – Chaos Bound by Rebekah Turner

Swoon Thursday is a super HOT meme created by the fabulous girls over at YA Bound.
Chaos Born
Author: Rebekah Turner
Series: Chronicles from the Applecross #1
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Published: November 14th 2012
Chaos Bound
I began this series last week and now I am hanging for more. It is a fun Urban Fantasy and I had to share a tease.


‘I want you to understand: there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you. I would never try to change you. I would always stand by you, always back you up.’ I heard the truth in his words, the sweetness of them. Words I had once hoped Seth would tell me, but hadn’t. ‘I want you, Lora Blackgoat.’

The words were a hot whisper in my ear. I knew he was going to kiss me. Blood pounded in my ears, keeping in time with my thudding heart, and I could only make out my own ragged breath. His lips lowered to mine, brushing softly, his breath carrying a faint trace of spice. For a blissful moment, we were both alone in this small slice of a lost paradise, our past and future left back in the city. Roman consumed my thoughts, and my never-failing smart mouth had nothing to say as he kissed me again, his tongue stroking my lips open. For this moment in time, I was his, and he was mine, and that was enough.


~ Kindle Arc Loc 1156

I posted my review yesterday if you want to check it out HERE

The long-awaited sequel to Chaos Born takes us back into the Applecross, where Lora faces increasing threats to her survival and her chance at love.

Lora Blackgoat — mercenary and smuggler — has only just recovered from the last threat on her life and hasn’t even begun to sort out the mess of having both a nephilim warrior and a reborn hellspawn as potential lovers. Work should be a refuge, but a job finding missing persons puts her in the crosshairs of a violent gang and a merchant with a taste for blood sport.

Reluctantly, Lora turns to the two men in her life for help. Roman — the nephilim — professes to be her soul mate and turns to her when he feels the darkness of nephilim madness descending. But though Lora is drawn to Roman, it is Seth, ex-lover and reborn hellspawn, who Lora must ultimately ask to protect those she loves. Can she trust Seth to save Roman and her adoptive family, or will this be a fatal mistake?



Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

Did you get swooned this week? Please leave a comment below with your Swoon link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday!!


20 comments:

  1. Ah, caught between two loves. Seth and Roman both sound intriguing. I wonder which one Lora will end up with in the end.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's definitely sounding like a good one. And whew loving that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one but ooo, the cover is very interesting and almost sci-fi-ish! I like it. I love the mention of a scent - a male's scent is a turn-on for any girl! And I love that line - "For this moment in time, I was his, and he was mine, and that was enough." Beautiful!

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy swoon! I love how he just brushes his lips on hers. And I agree with Alyssa that last line was so sweet and romantic! Awesome swoon Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful swoon! I have never heard of this book before, but leave it to an awesome swoon to get me interested. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that cover and swoon sold me...definitely going to check it out! Not sure about the name "Lora Blackgoat" though, but Roman sounds hot ;). Here's My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I like the sound of Roman! I haven't heard of this series or author ever before. Thank you for sharing and I definitely need to check this book out.

    My Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Swoon! Thanks Naomi for leading me to my next great cover and book!!!


    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know!! They are both great characters and I can't choose either!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm.... and I am loving this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is more of a Urban fantasy and I love it!! Glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe!! I know, that last line had me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know!! I am torn too!! I am loving this series and want more now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha!! Yes, that is what I try to do!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha!! She is a very different character and after you meet her it suits her for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uh huh!! Roman is yummy, all dark and mysterious, soft spot for Lora!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha!! I hope so Lindy!! There are some great authors down here in AUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks!! I really am enjoying this series!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, such sweet swoon! But now I'm torn. Roman sounds great, but I have such a thing for characters named Seth; even if they always seem to be the embodiment of chaos. Ugh! ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)