Teaser Tuesday #79 – The Deep End of the Sea

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
The Deep End of the Sea
Heather Lyons
Genre: Fantasy/Mythology
Published: February 4th 2014
The Deep End of the Sea
I adored this book and had to share a knee buckling tease today!! Hermes is so sweet!!


“You want to know why I haven’t married yet? Because I have yet to ask the girl who owns my heart entirely, let alone actually tell her what she means to me. I’ve been too selfish to do so, because I’ve been fearful that once I do, things will change between us for the worse if she does not feel the same way, and I know I can’t lose her. So I’ve held on to what we have, even though I want to be with her more than anything else in the entire universe. See, I am completely, irrevocably, in love with the best person I know. And I have been for a very long time.”

Kindle Arc Loc - 1795

What if all the legends you’ve learned were wrong?

Brutally attacked by one god and unfairly cursed by another she faithfully served, Medusa has spent the last two thousand years living out her punishment on an enchanted isle in the Aegean Sea. A far cry from the monster legends depict, she’s spent her time educating herself, gardening, and desperately trying to frighten away adventure seekers who occasionally end up, much to her dismay, as statues when they manage to catch her off guard. As time marches on without her, Medusa wishes for nothing more than to be given a second chance at a life stolen away at far too young an age.

But then comes a day when Hermes, one of the few friends she still has and the only deity she trusts, petitions the rest of the gods and goddesses to reverse the curse. Thus begins a journey toward healing and redemption, of reclaiming a life after tragedy, and of just how powerful friendship and love can be—because sometimes, you have to sink in the deep end of the sea before you can rise back up again.


To participate in Teaser Tuesdays just do the following…

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Do you have a tease this week? Please leave a comment below with your TT link so I can check out yours too!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday!!

23 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite a confession. Very heartfelt.
    Thanks for the tease.
    Hope you're having a good week.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, awesome teaser and book sounds like a terrific read! hope you're enjoying it! Here's mine:

    http://tiensblurb.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/teaser-tuesdays-pawn/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet and lovely, Nomi. Here's mine
    http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2014/02/teasertuesday-dark-tales-diaries-book-1.html



    Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica @ a GREAT readFebruary 18, 2014 at 10:44 PM

    OOoh that's intense and so sweet all at once! Curious about this book now!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO sweet... I feel like I could cry at any moment...

    Thanks for sharing, Naomi and here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this actually sounds really good! I'm a bit skeptical about there myth rewrites sometimes, but I might have to give this one a try! Thanks for sharing :)

    My TT
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant teaser, one to melt the hardest of hearts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it - now I want to read the book even more!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Greek Mythology Book! Can never get tired of those. Bonus points for it being about Medusa. We see her a lot in mythology books, but I've never read one solely focused on her.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, you can't huh!! It was a great one, I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe!! You would enjoy it, Nicole... not too heavy *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one was really well done, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know, huh!! Hermes is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should be, I think you'd like it *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  16. It certainly was! Heather is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know right!! This was a sweet read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you get to read it soon, it was a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa! I love Greek mythology! How did I NOT know about this book?? Thanks for the tease, Naomi. I'm adding this to my tbr. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)