Review ~ Whispers of a Broken Halo by Abbi Glines

Whispers of a Broken HaloWhispers of a Broken Halo by Abbi Glines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

I haven’t read a book by Abbi for a while and forgot how well she sucks you in. I loved Bryn, she was sweet and did anything for her sister and nephew, even to step out of her comfort zone. Rio was a little quick to react and held a grudge. But once he earned the trust, he would do anything for you.

This was quite a good story and I am kicking myself that I haven't read anything by Abbi in a while. I enjoy the way that she builds the world and created characters that I could relate to. I felt that the ending was left open and I didn’t get the closure I needed, and I really hope there is more to their story one day.

Title: Whispers of a Broken Halo
Author: Abbi Glines
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: February 5, 2022

Rio
Bryn Wallace had been the one bright spot in my life before my grandparents brought me to live with them. While living in the run-down trailer park my momma had moved us to the last few years of her life, Bryn had given me a reason to smile every day. After finding my mother's dead body, my grandparents had picked me up and I started a new life in The Shores, Alabama. It had always bothered me that I never got a chance to tell Bryn goodbye.
Now, seven years later, my memories of the beautiful girl who I considered my first love were destroyed by the disappointment she had become.

Bryn
When life took another nosedive from bad to worse, which happened too often, I would tell myself that one day I'd find Rio March. It got me through my darkest times and gave me hope.
When my sister had, once again, gotten us forced out of town, by sleeping with the local minister and turning everyone in the community against us, I took the money I had saved from working over-time and I made the decision on where we would move. However, fate was never on my side. Within two weeks of arriving in The Shores, Rio hated me and made sure everyone else in town did too. I couldn't even take my nephew into the candy store.

It didn't seem to matter where we moved, this would always be our outcome. Hated, looked down upon, and judged for sins I hadn't committed. But I was done moving. The trashy Wallace girls were in town to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)