Review ~ The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines

Title: The Vincent Brothers
Author: Abbi Glines
Series: The Vincent Boys #2
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: March 7th 2013 by Hot Key Books
(first published June 1st 2012)

icon



Sawyer Vincent is still heartbroken over his breakup with Ashton Gray - made worse because he lost her to his brother - but Lana McDaniel thinks she might just have a cure. Lana's lived in her cousin Ashton's shadow all her life, but now she's taking the lead and is determined to make Sawyer her man. But can she be sure that Sawyer's not just using her to get back at Ashton? And what if Sawyer sees through her new sexy version of herself and discovers the shy, geeky girl she used to be?

THE VINCENT BROTHERS picks up where THE VINCENT BOYS left off - with twice the fun, twice the excitement and twice the sexy.
After reading the first book I was keen to start The Vincent Brothers to see if things would turn around for Sawyer after he was rejected by Ashton. Sawyer was a bit broken after what happened between himself, Ashton and Beau. He is not sure as to what his path is now and he’s secretly hoping that she will come back to him. He still tends to still seek Ashton out even though she has moved on. Sawyer is sweet and I like him, but he has changed a lot since everything went down. He is a bit tougher around the edges and not as polite as what he was, but betrayal will do that to you.

We learnt that Lana had a bit of a thing for Sawyer in book one and plans on trying to win him over during the summer. She has grown up a lot and has perked up her appearance as well. She is struggling with her life at home since the split of her parents and needs a break. She tries to put on a strong front but deep down she wants to be number 1 for a change. Lana is a sweet girl and is looking for comfort elsewhere since things are difficult at home. I liked how she wanted to become her own person and step out from her parents shadow to do things for herself. She is usually quite shy, but has decided it is time to grab what she wants now. I liked this change in her, but at times she frustrated me but I think it’s more because she was sheltered for so long.

Watching these two get to know each other again was sweet. Sawyers feelings are like a yoyo and just when he thinks he is moving on he gets pulled back to Ashton. He still struggles with his relationship with Beau and really wants to have a fling over the summer to help him move on. Lana doesn't want a fling, she wants more and Sawyer constantly hurts her. At times he is a complete jerk but she is a bit naive to forgive him so easily because she wants is to be accepted by someone. They really take their time to explore the sexual chemistry between them as well, instead of rushing right into it.

I liked how this book played out and thought that it was a fitting sequel to the Vincent Boys. There were a lot of loose ends tied up in both boys’ lives and the girls also found a bit of closure throughout the journey. There weren’t a lot of sex scenes in this book, but it has more to do with the characters and their respect for one another, than anything else. Abbi sure knows how to tell a cute story and has quickly become a must read when she puts out new books! If you enjoy sweet little romances in a country setting, I’m sure you will enjoy these!


Check out my review for The Vincent Boys HERE!!






14 comments:

  1. Great review! So glad you enjoyed this book Naomi. As you know I've read both. I probably liked the first a little more than the second, but not by much.

    Beau and Sawyer are both awesome.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would really like watching them fall for each other again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series yet, but sounds like it's a good one! I had to do some skimming to avoid spoilers from #1, but I got enough to know this is one I'd like to check out. Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read the first book, but you've intrigued me! :)

    Sarah @ Kitties Like Books Too

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw yay glad the follow up was good too. I'm really liking the cover but oh it makes me think naughty things I'm guessing so wouldn't be in a NA book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand what you mean, I do that to books I want to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a fun series!! hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Snickers* yes, you are too naughty for the NA genre Anna!! But one day you are going to ask me for one to read, I bet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bwaha so not my fault! Look at that cover. whew! it could really give a girl some ideas ;) I actually read a NA this past week... Sweet by Erin McCarthy and enjoyed it. I read her adult series but she branched into NA recently.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Sweet.... glad you enjoyed it too!! We might get you to read a few more soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the type we have down here in Aus. I like it too!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review. This is one of my favorite series. I think the cover you used is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)