Book Boyfriend of the Week ~ Ethan Sullivan from the Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill

Book Boyfriend of the Week is a NEW weekly meme hosted by Reading and Things. Each week I will tease you about my current Book Boyfriend, to entice you to go out and meet him for yourself! 
I am on a Chicagoland Vampire run at the moment and you all must meet ~

Ethan Sullivan
He is the head of his house, almost 400 years old and he sure knows how to handle himself. His house has been his top priority since he has been in power, however things are changing since Merit entered his house. The arrogant, confidant, well mannered man has been thrown off kilter as of late!! He is every girls dream and I have fallen for him a little more in each book.


I have a couple of teasers, just so you can see how awesome he is!!

Twice Bitten Tease
“Was I not tempting enough?” I asked him. “Not classy enough?”

I didn’t expect him to answer, but he did. And that was almost worse. “There’s nothing wrong with you.”

He’d stood up and slipped his hands into his pockets. I met his gaze and saw the green fire in his eyes. “You’re perfect—beautiful, intelligent, intractable in a kind of . . . attractive way. Headstrong, but a good strategist. An amazing fighter.”

“But that’s not enough?”

“It’s too much. You think I haven’t thought about what it might be like to return to my rooms at the end of the night and find you there—to find you in my bed, to have your body and your laugh and your mind? To look across a room and know that you were mine—that I’d claimed you. Me.”

He drummed a finger against his chest. “Me. Ethan Sullivan. Not the head of Cadogan House, not the four-hundred-year-old vampire, not the child of Balthasar or the Novitiate of Peter Cadogan. Me. Just me. Just you and me.” He moistened his lips and shook his head. “I don’t have that luxury, Merit. I am the Master of this House. The Master of hundreds of vampires I’ve sworn to protect”
Hard Bitten Tease

“No. I will never be far behind you.” He tipped up my chin so that I could do nothing else but look back into his eyes. “Do the things you need to do. Learn to be a vampire, to be a warrior, to be the soldier you are capable of being. But consider the possibility that I made a mistake I regret—and that I’ll continue to regret that mistake and try to convince you to give me another chance until the earth stops turning.”

He leaned forward and pressed his lips to my forehead, my heart melting even as my more rational side harbored suspicions.

“No one said love was easy, Sentinel.”
My review for the series are starting on the blog right now. Some Girls Bite was up during the week.



Title: Some Girls Bite
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #1
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Published: April 7th 2009







I was a grad student until Chicago vampires announced their existence to the world, and a rogue vampire attacked me, scared by the master of Cadogan House. To save me, Ethan Sullivan converted me. The Lord of the Hyde Park manor is tall, green-eyed, full of four centuries worth of charm. Suddenly I am handy with serious weaponry, and pursued by an unknown enemy.


Rules for the meme:
1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that
3) Pick a quote from his book, it could be long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation, DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises)
5) Share it! And shout it out it using #Reading and Things

Do you have a book boyfriend at the moment? Please leave a comment below with your link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Weekend!!




19 comments:

  1. You are on a Chicagoland Vampires kick lately! Pretty great huh? How far are you in the series? Have you met Jonah yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying this series. Ethan sounds like one hot Vampire.

    My Book Boyfriend can be found @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummmmm *girly swoon* I LOVE Ethan. Gah he is one of my favorite vamps. Right behind Z from BDB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ethan is a fantastic pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice! Haven't read a good vamp story is a long time!

    My Book Boyfriend


    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pick, and Yay, its Paranormal, and interesting sounding. I will be checking this one out, its going on my TBR pile. :)

    Here is mine:

    My Boyfriend of the
    Week Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly am!! lol Yes, I have met Jonah..... I really like him... *sigh* I wish she'd give him a real go.... anyway, I can't make her like him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really am enjoying it! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, he's certainly one of my favourites now.... Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks!! I like him sooooo much!! I want one just like him *snickers*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't either, but I have fallen for this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! I'm glad I have you all happy this week!! I'm surprised you haven't read this one Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, lol, been on my TBR pile, some of them anyway, need to pick the first one up I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhh those gorgeous green eyes. *sigh* Love Ethan, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am only up to book 6 though.... not sure what will happen with him. They had a spark! I'd like to know what that was all about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha!! Yes, very gorgeous! Ethan is one hottie

    ReplyDelete
  17. My lips are sealed lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Jonah - I really wish she'd go for him too. He's just so great!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)