Book Boyfriend of the Week ~ Garth Black from Finders Keepers by Nicole Williams

Book Boyfriend of the Week is a NEW weekly meme hosted by Reading and Things. Each week I will tease you about my current Book Boyfriend, to entice you to go out and meet him for yourself! 
This week I read the third book in the Lost and Found series and I fell for  ~

Garth Black
He's a drop dead gorgeous Cowboy... yep, cowboy, not my usual cup of tea, I assure you. Garth comes across all arrogant and rude, but deep down he is broken and wants someone to love him. I just wanted to grab him and show him that he can be loved! He sure as hell didn't get it at home and is unsure of what to do when someone actually show that they care about him. 
Here is a little tease of Garth being a little cheeky, but swoony too!
“I might not have any more blankets, but there are other ways to get you warm.”

(Her) eyes flashed my way. “What other ways?”

I scooted down until I was propped up on an elbow beside her. My heart was already thundering, and I hadn’t even touched her. “Well, there are lots of other ways, I guess . . . but I had one particular way in mind.”

“What ‘particular’ way is that?” Her voice was a few notes high, and then she licked her lips. She knew.

I leaned in closer until my mouth was just barely above hers. “This way is what I . . .” The fight I’d been battling all night, all month, the past fifteen years, finally became too much. My mouth covered hers, and when it did, (she) let out a small gasp. Shoving my hat off, she weaved her hand through my hair, and pulled me closer.

Kindle Arc Loc 2372
Check out my review for Finders Keepers

Title: Finders Keepers
Author: Nicole Williams
Series: Lost and Found, #3
Release date: September 16, 2013
Age Group: Mature YA/New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance

There’s tortured. And there’s Garth Black.

His life has been a constant carousel of tragedy and disappointment, including his love life. Of course, applying the term “love” to Garth’s conquests is a gross misuse of the word. Some people were made to give and accept love, and others weren’t. Garth Black redefines the “others” category. He’s made a vow that the day he meets a woman who could sucker him into falling in love will be the day he runs away.

Garth’s plan has one flaw. What happens when he’s already fallen hard for a girl before the warning signs and red flags go up? What happens when the love he’s avoided his entire life brings him to his knees? What happens when Garth Black lets the dirtiest four letter word he’s ever known into his dark, lonely life?

This cowboy’s about to find out he can control some things, and he can’t control others. Number one on the what he can’t control list?

Love


Rules for the meme:
1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that
3) Pick a quote from his book, it could be long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation, DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises)
5) Share it! And shout it out it using #Reading and Things

Do you have a book boyfriend at the moment? Please leave a comment below with your link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Weekend!!




20 comments:

  1. LOL cowboys are going to win you over one pair of boots at a time. They're definitely swoon worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I totally forgot that this book came out! I want it now!!! I'm really curious about the lucky girl that gets to win over Garth's heart.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good pick to me. I am all for a gorgeous cowboys. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang that's a great teaser! I might have to meet him soon!

    Here's My Book Boyfriend!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten to Garth's book yet but HOT DAMN yeah *wink wink* :) And that teaser!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hot tortured cowboy! Mmmm... Think I need to check this one out.
    Love the tease.

    My Book Boyfriend for this week is Kale. Come meet him.
    @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... they are trying to I assure you!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe!! He is awesome Magen! You will love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely do.... Garth is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naomi, you had me at the word 'cowboy' :-)

    And that excerpt!?! WOW!

    Thanks for visiting MY BOOK BOYFRIEND

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha!! Thanks Faith, glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent pick !!! I had planned on picking him next week to- guess he's living up to his reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finished this one yesterday and I heart it so much!! That was my favorite scene! <3 Awesome pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my Book Boyfriend!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  14. He certainly is!! You will love it for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha!! Glad you liked it!! Garth makes me swoon so bad!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)