Review ~ Before Us by Jewel E. Ann

Before UsBefore Us by Jewel E. Ann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, my gosh! This read made my soul ache! Before Us was a heartbreaking but perfect read! I knew the first 30% of the book was going to be hard and pull on my emotions… I knew that the devastation that was going to come, but I wasn't truly prepared for it!

When Emerson and Zach had to move on, they both found it difficult without that one constant in their lives. They relied on one another a lot and things took a turn with Em’s health issues. I could see they both had strong feelings for one another, but Zach wanted Em to find her own way in life. There was a lot of push and pull, despite their feelings for one another, and it was hard to see them walk away from each other each time. My heart ached for them both.

It was a hard kind of read, and difficult for everyone but there were moments of sweetness too. I tried hard to keep my emotions in check, but the tears came a few times. I love Jewel E. Ann's world building and how attached I get to all of the characters. This truly was a fFantastic read!"

Title: Before Us
Author: Jewel E. Ann
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: February 2, 2023

I never saw him coming.

I didn’t know what would happen after my client found me sleeping in my car.
I’d been cleaning his house as his wife was dying.
I didn’t expect them to invite me to live with them.
I didn’t expect Suzie to become my lifeline—until she was gone.

I didn’t expect him to ask me to marry him when he found out I needed medical insurance.

I didn’t expect to fall in love with a grieving man.

There are so many reasons to keep my distance from Zach. Every tender moment secreted away.

When we’re not together, I miss the man I call husband.
Does he miss his wife? If so, which one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)