Feature and Follow #17


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

Here’s this week’s question:

What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene...

The last book that made me cry was The Athena Effect by Derrolyn Anderson.

Cali has spent all of her life isolated with her parents living in the bush because they want to protect her. She had no friends growing up and only ventured into town with her parents occasionally. When they died, she had no one and was shipped off to the city, to live with an aunt she never knew and has had to try and settle into an unusual life and attend school.

What I found sad was Cali would have been so lonely and now she has had everything taken from her and she had to start all over again at 17 years of age! The massive change in lifestyle would be hard for her already. Just when you think she has hit bottom, things get worse. It is an amazing story and I loved every minute of reading it.


What do you think?

What's your FF?

To play along visit Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
Follow them, follow their Featured Blogs and then visit as many blogs as you can, posting your answer.


And don't forget to leave your link in the comments section below!


13 comments:

  1. I have this book, I just haven't read it yet. I will make sure I have tissues first though LOL.

    Happy Holidays!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Losing your family. Being thrust into an new life. That does sound sad.

    My FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old follower/ Haven't read this book.
    Beth at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book yet, but your description tells me I would love it...and probably cry during it. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read that book, but love the cover!! And it does sound really interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does she have a blue eye and a green eye? This one does sound like a sad story. I love all the fairies everywhere. New GFC Follower :D - JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a good one, but I'm hanging for book 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it!! Cali is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is pretty strong willed, so you don't cry all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You would love it Magen!! Get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes she does!! Part of the story however, so I won't say why!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this one

    New Follower
    Super New Blogger
    http://myurbanfantasies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)