Swoon Thursday #38 – True Erin by McCarthy


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

I picked this from NetGalley last week and after getting a small tease last week (and after having an awful weekend) decided that I'd like to read something quirky and fun. I'm not finished yet, but it has been an enjoyable read so far! 
True
Erin McCarthy


“Not very passionate? Given what I saw in the car, I don’t believe that.” 

Yeah, that was me blushing. “That’s different.” 

“Let’s see.” Tyler kissed me, and it, too, was different from this angle. I could feel his body everywhere along mine, and because now we were essentially the same height, our kiss was deeper, more invasive, and he gave a low moan in the back of his throat. 

Our bodies found a rhythm together, rocking and moving in tandem, hands stroking everywhere we could as his tongue plunged urgently into my mouth. This was what I had been imagining. What I’d been waiting for. This was hot and wet and desperate, tangled legs and swollen lips and gasps of pleasure on his twin mattress.


Kindle eArc Loc 1444


This was my original Swoon, but I noticed Debbie @ I Heart Books posted it as well, so I left it here for you anyway. (Great minds and all that Debbie ;) )


Then I couldn’t see or think. I could only feel the press of his body against me, his breath a hot rush past my ear as his lips brushed over mine. It wasn’t what I was expecting. It wasn’t a determined or aggressive or erotic kiss. It was delicate, worshipful, teasing. But that only made it all that much sexier. 

I found myself curling my fingers into the front of his Metallica shirt, needing to steady myself. The guys I’d kissed in the past, which admittedly was not exactly an extensive list, had been amateurs. Tyler was a pro. 

The pressure of his hand in my hair, stroking carefully, felt intimate but not demanding. His thumb moved across my waist, back and forth, back and forth, raising goose bumps on my arms under his jacket, as every inch of my body became aware of him and his mouth taking mine. The little kisses he started with became deeper, longer, until I was heating up from the inside out, my lips swollen, my breath frantic little bursts between moments of intense contact. He pressed me harder into the coats and I clung to him, shocked to realize that his thigh was between my legs and I was wrapped around it like he was a seesaw.

 

Kindle eArc Loc 807




Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

8 comments:

  1. Lindy@ A Bookish EscapeApril 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM

    I love both of your swoons. I really enjoyed reading True, and the deeper I got into the story, the more I enjoyed it :). Thanks for stopping by my Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a great swoon. I have to look into this one.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie @I Heart YA BooksApril 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM

    I agree Naomi, Great minds do think a like!! It just proves we got great taste lady! LOL Yep, I love Tyler! He's definitely swoon worthy bad boy! and loved his pierced junk! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swoons, Naomi!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    My
    Swoon
    from Of Silver and Beasts by Trisha Wolfe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very yummy swoons!

    My swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHEW! Ok, pushing this book up on the TBR list! LOVED those scenes!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heck yeah, this is one/two amazing swoon(s)! goes to tbr, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)