Feature and Follow #31


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

Here’s this week’s question:

Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate - ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?

Six Weeks to Yehidah
When I first started blogging I had an author approach me about reading her book and you tend to accept anything when you first start. When I read the blurb I though, ooh.... am I going to like it? Honestly I didn't, however I am not one too look at the negatives and still gave a positive review.

The Mercenary

Going off a cover, I was unsure about this one, but I totally loved it!! I couldn't read it quick enough. I even contacted the author immediately to find out how long I have to wait for the next one!! lol. It is a great shifter story based in New Zealand!! Awesome!!



What do you think?

What's your FF?

To play along visit Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
Follow them, follow their Featured Blogs and then visit as many blogs as you can, posting your answer.


And don't forget to leave your link in the comments section below!

8 comments:

  1. I would accept every book at first too. It's embarrassing to say no, you don't really want to hurt anybody's feelings. But sometimes you do more hurt by accepting a book that is not in your genre. Thanks for stopping by. New follower on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading your review on The Mercenary. Still haven't managed to read it myself though.

    Have a great weekend :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica@a GREAT readApril 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

    Ooh nice! I haven't heard of these!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so guilty of judging a book by its cover! If the cover doesn't appeal to me, I typically don't want to pick up a book. I'm trying to be better about that though!

    Thanks for visiting my FF!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wickedly DeliciousApril 6, 2013 at 3:37 AM

    Never heard of these. Lots of novels I have passed up because the cover is not appealing and end up being great novels.

    Have a great weekendMy FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia BookExhibitionismApril 6, 2013 at 4:56 AM

    It's really hard to not accept in the beginning, right? But once you don't enjoy the first two or three titles.. Well, at least for me, it got really easy to dismiss those requests, because of what BookCupid said. :)

    New LinkyFollower!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I accept most, unless it's something that doesn't appeal to me or what I like. I had read a book from an author, I said I would try out, but I couldn't finish it unfortunately. I had a feeling I wouldn't like it, but I wanted to give it a chance.

    New GFC follower

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nice, I'd never heard of either of these!! I'll have to check both out, thanks for sharing :) Oh and don't feel bad, I think we all are guilty of judging a book by it's cover sometimes ;)

    Old follower.
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)