Swoon Thursday #30 – Losing It by Cora Carmack


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the chicks at YABound!

I had so much fun reading this book (Thanks Autumn for your review that made me want to get it!!) There are so many swoon bits and laugh out loud parts, it was so hard to pick just one swoon. So here is a (Big) bit with you...
Losing It
Cora Carmack
Losing It #1


I’d barely processed his words before he’d pulled me up from the chair and covered my mouth with his own. His scent overwhelmed me—citrus and leather and something else that made my mouth water. I was almost too shocked to react. I was acutely aware of the fact that he was kissing me in the middle of a bar, until he nipped at my bottom lip. Then I forgot about everything but him. My whole body shuddered, and my heart dropped toward my stomach like the force of gravity had doubled. My head was swimming, but I didn’t care. I opened my mouth, and immediately his tongue swept in, taking control. My hands clutched at his back, and in response, he pulled me closer. His kiss was slow and then fast, tender then punishing. We were pressed together so tightly that I could feel every plane of his body, but still I wanted to be closer. His hand slid up the back of my shirt—hot fingers pressed into my already over-heated flesh. A moan escaped my mouth at the intimate contact. Immediately, I regretted it, because the sound seemed to clear his head, and he pulled away..

 

Kindle Loc 276


 And check out my Waiting on Wednesday from yesterday for the cover and blurb for book 2 Faking It!!


Did you get swooned this week?

What did you think of mine?

Leave me a comment!

25 comments:

  1. It is an awesome book, and I could read this swoon all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, if your TBR list is as long as mine, I can understand why you haven't got to it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I loved it, great humour everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Swoon!! I've seen this book around. Glad you enjoyed reading it.
    You're always teasing me with new reads.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Losing It! Excellent Swoon! There are so many good swoon-worthy moments in this story! Have you heard of Cora Carmack's new book, Faking It that's coming out? I have it as my WOW this week, and I can't wait to read it!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie at I heart YA BooksFebruary 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

    I love this book too! Naomi, you pick a great swoon from Losing It! Makes me want to go read again! Thanks!

    My swoon:

    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/swoon-thursday-get-ready-to-shudder-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too!! I found it hard to pick just one, but the first kiss is always great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me about it!! Was an awesome read!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swoon!! Just finished this book on...Monday I think!! Glad to see you're liking it and so happy you stopped by my blog!! 8) Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOD! So steamy! Awesome swoon, it made me want to continue reading .. Luckily I have this one on my Kindle, phew! Ha ha

    My
    Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo, I had this exact swoon a couple of weeks ago! It's such a great swoon scene - and book! Love it! :)

    My Swoon Post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, excellent pick. I haven't read the book, but it's on my TBR list. It sounds great and I'm looking forward to it!

    Here’s Mine: Swoony
    moment and PODs teaser!


    Michelle :)


    Author, Pods, available June 4th

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to read this book! I am such a slacker. Great swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  14. Babe you had me when he nipped her lip. Adding to my wishlist.

    Great swoon
    Wickedly Delicious Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally and completely LOVE this book!

    Valerie

    StuckInBooks.com

    http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2013/02/swoon-thursday-22113.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this book, it was so funny! Great Swoon!

    Here's our swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christina @ Biblio ThoughtsMay 23, 2015 at 9:06 AM

    Pulling away is never good! Love your swoon!

    My Swoon: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/swoon-thursday-37-heart.html

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)