Review ~ Good as Gold by Sarina Bowen

Good as Gold (Giltmaker, #1)Good as Gold by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the slow build between Matteo and Leila. They had been friends for a long time and missed their chance when they were younger. I enjoyed getting glimpses from the past to see where the paths turned between them. There was always an attraction, but they couldn’t get the timing right. Leila was really focused on becoming a parent and it was amusing to see Matteo step in to help with this issue!

It took time for them both to own their feelings and it was sad for them to be apart for so long, but neither of them would own up to how they felt or what they wanted. I enjoyed getting to know Matteos family and seeing how close they were despite him being away for so long. My heart ached for poor Leila having to deal with Rory. It was nice to see how different and responsible Matteo was, and that Leila fell hard for him.


Title: Good as Gold
Author: Sarina Bowen
Series: Giltmaker #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: June 1, 2023

Leila:
What I meant to do: Quietly divorce my lout of a husband and then have a child all on my own.
What happens instead: My crush comes back to town when I’m at my most vulnerable. After too many cocktails, I ask him to be my baby’s father.
In my defense, it’s been a rough couple of months. Seeing Matteo Rossi again after fourteen years has done a number on my emotions. And my libido.
In the morning, I’m hoping he’s forgotten the whole thing. But no such luck. In fact, Matteo has a few clarifying questions. And a few naughty ideas, too…

Matteo:
What I meant to do: visit Vermont for my brother’s wedding. Make amends to my family, and mourn the loss of a friend.
What happens instead: a hot affair with the one who got away. But it can’t last. My life is two thousand miles away, and Leila deserves everything. She’s as good as gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)