Review ~ Broken Dreams by Corinne Michaels

Broken Dreams (Whitlock Family, #2)Broken Dreams by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a sweet read, where two single parents were tying to find happiness once again. They had lost their partners and were trying to find their way. Addi thought it was time to find love once again, where Grady was trying to build a new life for his son and himself. I liked how these two got along so well and it was effortless for them to build a connection. I knew their agreement would bring them close.

I liked how well their children got along, they too became quick friends. Both Addi and Grady had support from family and friends, and the little town was so nosey. It was sweet to see their connection grow, from harmless hand holding, to kissing, to steamy moments. They were definitely falling for one another without meaning to. Again I enjoyed being in this world and enjoyed Corinne Michaels world building and character development.

Title: Broken Dreams
Author: Corinne Michaels
Series: Whitlock Family #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: December 1, 2023

What could possibly go wrong fake dating the gorgeous single dad in a small town?

The answer, you fall for him.

It started out perfect. Grady Whitlock needed a plus one for his business meetings, and I needed a date for a wedding.

We had a plan. It was a good one.

Until it wasn’t.

I was not supposed to have feelings for him. I was not going to let my heart race when his soulful blue eyes stared into mine. No way should I have noticed his smile or the dimple on his right cheek or his strong arms when he held me close. I especially wasn’t going to melt when I saw him play with my daughter.

Most of all I was not going to sleep with him.

Nope. None of that was supposed to happen, but it does.

Now I find myself dreaming of him every night. Wishing we were really a couple because the way he kisses me doesn’t feel as if it’s pretend.

But we’ve both watched our dreams shatter, and I can’t handle another broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)