Review ~ The Bittersweet Symphony Duet by Kate Stewart

Drive (The Bittersweet Symphony Duet #1)Drive by Kate Stewart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my! Why haven’t I given one of Kate Stewart's reads a go until now? I was hooked from the very beginning of Drive and was totally riveted from start to finish! I loved Stella's story; it was difficult, heartbreaking and sweet. Reid was the typical rock-n-roll guy, who would make any girl fall for him. Nate was such a fabulous guy, he was patient and loved Stella fiercly. I had so much love for all three characters, it was so hard to see what direction this story would take.

Drive was such an addictive read. It was constantly on my mind and I couldn't wait to pick it back up after I put it down.


Title: Drive
Author: Kate Stewart
Series: The Bittersweet Symphony Duet #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: October 14, 2017

Music . . . the heart’s greatest librarian.

The average song is three and a half minutes long; those three and a half minutes could lead to a slow blink, a glimpse of the past, or catapult the soul into heart-shattering nostalgia.

At the height of my career, I had the life I wanted, the life I’d always envisioned. I’d found my tempo, my rhythm. Then I received a phone call that left me off key.

You see, my favorite songs had a way of playing simultaneously. I was in love with one man’s beats and another’s lyrics. But when it came to the soundtrack of a life, how could anyone choose a favorite song? So, to erase any doubt, I ditched my first-class ticket and decided to take a drive, fixed on the rearview.

Two days.

One playlist.

And the long road home to the man who was waiting for me.


Reverse (The Bittersweet Symphony Duet, #2)Reverse by Kate Stewart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Easton and Natalie’s story was a roller coaster ride just like the first book. Natalie was able to see another side to her father that she never new existed and that curiosity drew her to Easton. Their first interaction didn’t start well, but it was soon apparent that these two would fall hard and fast. It wasn’t an easy ride as they struggled with their parents, losing trust and having to rebuild relationships. They also found it hard to trust each other enough to be there for one another. They were stubborn, made harsh decisions in the heat of the moment. But when they were together, there was no denying the attraction and passion between them.

I also loved the glimpses of the original characters from Drive. It was good to see Stella, Reid and Nate again and to see the influence they had on Easton and Natalie’s lives.


Title: Reverse
Author: Kate Stewart
Series: The Bittersweet Symphony Duet #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: July 16, 2022

Thirty years ago, my father became the other half of a broken love story.

A relationship he’s kept hidden for decades.

Upon unearthing his secret through a series of emails in our paper’s archives, I began my search for the truth. Haunted by my father’s love story, and in my quest for answers, I never imagined I would discover a love of my own. Or that my love for Easton Crowne would be key in discovering the reason behind what split our parents up.

Doomed from the start and knowing the havoc our relationship would inevitably wreak on our families, I could never have prepared for the toll it would take or the cost of the truth.

But in order to find our ending, we had to go back to their beginning.

My name is Natalie Butler, and this is my star-crossed love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)