Review ~ Beautifully Cruel series by J.T. Geissinger

Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)Beautifully Cruel by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found Beautifully Cruel to be quite a good, solid read however it didn’t blow me away. Tru and Liam had a long connection, before either of acted on their connection. Liam silently watched Tru over many months, but didn’t want to cross that line due to the situation he was in. Tru was a quiet girl, but when cornered was quick witted and would stand up for herself. She got herself into a situation and Liam was determined to get in to help her.

It was sweet watching these two fall deeply for one another, despite the dangerous life Liam lived, and how hard they tried to deny their feelings. I could see how protective Liam was of Tru and that he wanted to respect her above everything. I felt that these two fell for each other a little too easily. I would’ve enjoyed a bit more danger and suspense. Towards the end there was some drama and some sweet moments between them. I’m looking forward to reading the next book, to see how much bigger this world can get.


Title: Beautifully Cruel
Author: J.T. Geissinger
Series: Beautifully Cruel #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: May 15, 2020

Alpha (noun):
1) Having the highest rank in a dominance hierarchy
2) The most powerful man in a group
3) Liam Black


He was a stranger to me, a dark and dangerous presence who materialized from the shadows one rainy night to save me from a vicious attack. I didn’t know his name or where he was from. All I knew was that the only place I’d ever felt safe was in his arms.

But safety is an illusion.
And not every savior is a hero.
And—as I’d soon find out—having an alpha save your life comes with a price.

Liam Black wanted something from me in return.


Cruel Paradise (Beautifully Cruel, #2)Cruel Paradise by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading Beautifully Cruel, I was really looking forward to reading Killians book, to see who would be able to tame him and I was secretly surprised on who was able to do it. I think that as Juliet had a background in the similar area, she understood Killian well. She was quite the quick-witted thief with a heart of gold. She found it hard to let people in and had a small group of people that she trusted. Her and her friends tried to do good deeds, by robbing the people who could afford it.

Killian was drawn to Juliet as soon as he found her. He wanted to know more and was determined to earn her trust. The banter between Juliet and Killian was its own kind of foreplay. I felt that there was a lot of push and pull, and that Liam’s story revealed more background information. I would’ve liked more in this read, and to cross over storyline’s a bit more. The suspense in the end was good, but I felt like it lacked a little bit of storyline and depth. Overall it has been a good series to get swept away in.


Title: Cruel Paradise
Author: J.T. Geissinger
Series: Beautifully Cruel #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: October 1, 2020

Anti-hero (noun):
1) A powerful and charismatic man lacking moral character
2) A magnificent bastard
3) Killian Black


You don’t know me.
You think you do, but you don’t.
The only thing you know is my name, and even that’s a lie.

I’m king of Boston, lord of criminals, ruler of an underworld empire. Or am I?

Only one thing’s for sure: I operate alone.

Until I cross paths with a brazen little thief who sets my whole kingdom on fire.

Just as two wrongs don’t make a right, two villains don’t belong together. Especially since she’s the daughter of my most deadly enemy.

Taking her would start a war.
Keeping her would be suicide.
Making her mine would break every code of honor and defy all common sense.

Then again, where’s the fun in following the rules?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)