Review ~ Untouchables by Ivy Smoak

Untouchables (Empire High, #1)Untouchables by Ivy Smoak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this one, it was a good start to the series. Right from the start, my heart broke for Brooklyn and all that she had been through. She lost the main person in her life and had to relocate to a new home and new school. She was a timid girl, who lived a sheltered life, but had lost so much already. She felt alone and was finally finding her feet.

This series appears to have a bit of a love triangle and I liked both Matt and Felix, however I thought she could be treated better by both guys. I loved Brooklyn’s friend Kennedy, and how she always supported her.

Untouchables was the perfect opening to the series. I enjoyed the direction of the story and how invested I was in this world. The ending was heartbreaking and I know that I need more!


Title: Untouchables
Author: Ivy Smoak
Series: Empire High #1
Genre: High School Romance
Published: July 9, 2020

The Untouchables. That’s what everyone calls the Hunter and Caldwell brothers. At least, it’s my best friend’s nickname for them. And since she’s the only one that talks to me at my new school, I’ll take her word for it.

The nickname probably comes from the fact that they’re exorbitantly wealthy. Old wealth. The kind that isn’t flaunted around. But you can tell by the way they carry themselves. Or maybe the name just refers to the fact that they’re so beautiful it’s almost hard to look at them.

No matter the reason for their nickname, it’s an ironic one. Because I’ve only been going to this school for a week and I already want to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)