Review ~ Betrayal by Ivy Smoak

Betrayal (Empire High, #3)Betrayal by Ivy Smoak
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After reading the first two books in this series I had to continue with Betrayal. This read began well, but after a while I started getting annoyed with how Brooklyn allowed herself to be pushed into doing things. I felt that Matt was too controlling, not allowing Brooklyn to be friends with people, just because he was no longer friends with them anymore. I wished that she would grow a backbone and stand up for herself as she had minimal friends.

The ending shocked me and certainly annoyed me, as I was not expecting that. I can’t believe that I read all three books to have it end like that. Then to realise there is one more book… I don’t think I can read anymore.

Title: Betrayal
Author: Ivy Smoak
Series: Empire High #3
Genre: High School Romance
Published: November 12, 2020

My new family is dangerous. I’ve heard the whispers. I’ve seen it firsthand. And my new last name puts me in danger too.

The only thing keeping me in this city is Matthew Caldwell. If I didn’t love him, I’d be long gone. But he says I’m changing. That I’m becoming the thing I hate. And I’m worried he might be right. What if I’m actually the dangerous one?

Because all I want to do is prove I belong here just as much as anyone else. I’m going to become one of the elite. I’m going to live like an Untouchable. And no one will be able to break me. Ever. Again.

But while I’m focused on fitting into this new world, I forget that the stakes are so much bigger than who’s the most popular at Empire High. I’m playing with life and death.

I should have seen it coming. After all…I betrayed everyone to get to where I am. It makes sense that one of them would betray me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)