Review ~ Passion by Molly McAdams

Passion (Secrets in L.A. Book 1)Passion by Molly McAdams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have read a few of Molly McAdams books and she seems to create worlds that you can get lost in. This book built up slowly, as I got to know both Hollis and Adam. They had crossed paths a couple of times in the past, one of which was quite intimate. They had a connection, but I felt Hollis was quite blasé when it came to remembering those times.

I loved Adam! He was a character I enjoyed reading about. I thought he was holding back at times, but I could see he had genuine feelings for Hollis. I liked that he had a strong friendship with Leo, and together those two seemed to be up to something.

Hollis was trying to step out from her family’s shadow and trying to carve her own path in life. I would’ve liked to see her stand up to her parents early on instead of cowering. It was good to finally see her grow with the support of Adam.

Overall, it was a nice read, but probably a bit slow for my liking. The secondary characters helped flesh out the story and kept it interesting. I hope to return to this world one day!


Title: Passion
Author: Molly McAdams
Series: Secrets in L.A. #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: July 19th 2021

There are moments in our lives that can change the course we’re on.
I believe when faced with those moments, we should take the unknown path. The risk.
The excitement, the opportunity, the love . . .

The night I stumbled into a burlesque club in downtown Los Angeles, I took one of those paths and changed my life.
I found a home I’d never had with my own parents.
I found a confidence I’d never known as a prima ballerina.
I found my passion.


And it inadvertently led me back to the one moment I’d let slip away—to him.
To a love so pure and whole and carnal, I thought it could withstand anything.

But I’m not the only one with secrets.
And now, all those chosen paths are crumbling around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)