Waiting On Wednesday # 122 – The Glass Arrow & Kick


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

The Glass Arrow
Author: Kristen Simmons
Genre: YA Dystopia
Expected Publication: February 10th 2015






The Handmaid’s Tale meets Blood Red Road in Glass Arrow, the story of Aya, who lives with a small group of women on the run from the men who hunt them, men who want to auction off breeding rights to the highest bidder.

In a world where females are scarce and are hunted, then bought and sold at market for their breeding rights, 15-year old Aya has learned how to hide. With a ragtag bunch of other women and girls, she has successfully avoided capture and eked out a nomadic but free existence in the mountains. But when Aya’s luck runs out and she’s caught by a group of businessmen on a hunting expedition, fighting to survive takes on a whole new meaning.

Kick
Author: Carmen Jenner
Series: Savage Saints MC #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: January 26th 2015





When I was ten, my father indoctrinated me into the family.

A brotherhood who would fight, protect, and give their lives for one another. A club whose ties ran thicker than blood, murkier than the dirt and grime that tainted my soul. Stronger than the bonds that connected me to my own family.

A band of brothers where loyalty was kept and paid in a currency of blood.

When I was twenty-seven, I betrayed that brotherhood.

I’ve spent every day since running, avoiding paying back that debt.

My name is Daniel Johnson, and I have betrayed everyone I ever loved.

This is my story—if you’re screwed up enough to want to read it.

Warning: KICK contains graphic violence, profanity, drug use, and explicit sexual situations of a taboo nature. Intended for an 18+ audience only. Not intended for pussies.


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!


14 comments:

  1. the glass arrow sounds so good. i hope it doesn't disappoint (like article 5 did). boo. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding Kick to my tbr list :) Definitely a book I would read (:


    My WoW



    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica @ a GREAT readJanuary 7, 2015 at 10:04 PM

    Nice! Been seeing a lot of buzz over the first one! The other is totally new to me! Hope you enjoy them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. The Glass Arrow sounds very interesting!

    My WoW

    Kat @ Reading Owls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Kristen Simmons - but The Glass Arrow sounds awesome! And I wanna read Kick so bad! I think I'm just in a MC mood after reading Seven Sons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me but sounds good. Hope you get a chance to read it and love it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Naomi, both of these sounds amazing, especially The Glass Arrow seems to be very intense, and I love the premise of that one.
    I hope you'll be able to pick up both of these as soon as possible :) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these books sound interesting. Hope you enjoy them when you get to read them.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Glass Arrow - looks intense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh... Heard good things about 7 sons... I need to get onto that i think *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm naughty... haven't read any of Carmen's books.... YET!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela ReadingCaveMay 23, 2015 at 9:22 AM

    The Glass Arrow sounds good. Kick sounds interesting.

    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/2015/01/waiting-on-wednesday-1-darkest-part-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very excited about The Glass Arrow. I enjoyed her other series, so I know I'll have to pick this one up as well! And CARMEN JENNER! YAY! I will have to pick that book up! Of course! :D

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)