Review ~ Next Life Duet by Brit Benson

The Love of My Next Life (Next Life Duet, #1)The Love of My Next Life by Brit Benson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This wasn’t an easy ride for Lennon and Macon. Lennon had lost someone in her past and it was something that she struggled with. She put on a happy façade, but Macon could see she wasn’t her true self. Macon also had his own demons to deal with, and would turn to drugs to cope. I could see that he loved fiercely and would take the blame for all his bad deeds even though he did it to protect those he cared about.

The longer this story went, their feelings continued to grow. Some awkward twists thrown in that made things harder for them. I shed a tear towards the end and my heart broke on how quickly they were torn apart. It wasn’t easy for them all, I liked the way Lennon finally stood up for herself. They had some serious problems to get past and the lows that they got to was heartbreaking. The epilogue has me hooked and I am diving right into the next read!

Title: The Love of My Next Life
Author: Brit Benson
Series: Next Life Duet #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: September 8, 2022

I calmed his demons.
He created mine.


Macon Davis.
My best friend’s brother.
My tormentor.
My least favorite person.
Pothead. Delinquent.
A careless, directionless loser.

That’s what I used to believe,
but I didn’t really know him.
And when I finally saw him,
it was the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.

We burned hot and fast.
Passion. Anger. Love. Pain.
We were reckless. Naive.
We were doomed from the start.

When I finally saw Macon Davis for who he was,
we both went down in the flames.

*** The Love of My Next Life is part one of a duet.
It is just as much a love story as it is a tale of ruin.
While the duet will end in an HEA, book one does not.


This Life and All the Rest (Next Life Duet, #2)This Life and All the Rest by Brit Benson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an emotional but beautiful end to the duet. It was interesting to see them both four years into the future. They had both struggled, but had found ways to cope. I liked that everything was revealed slowly, as we got to know what had happened to both Lennon and Macon during their time apart. My heart broke for Lennon when she first returned, and to see her struggle with her family.

I liked the change in Macon. He had grown a lot over the years, but he was still trying to find his way. I could tell he was still hung up on Lennon, and as both their stories unravelled my heart broke for the time that they lost and what they had to endure. Their feelings and the passion was still strong between them. Claire was still a manipulative girl, but I liked that Lennon was more outspoken and stood up for herself. This was my favourite book in the duet.


Title: This Life and All the Rest
Author: Brit Benson
Series: Next Life Duet #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: November 15, 2022

She thinks our story is over.
It’s just beginning.

Lennon Washington has been the star of every dream, every nightmare, since the day I lost her.

Since the moment I let my demons win, and she slipped through my fingers.

Her memory has haunted me.
Changed me.
Broken me and remade me.
And I’d all but given up on us.

Now tragedy has brought her back into my life.
My secrets are at her disposal,
Hers are unraveling quickly,
And every emotion we’ve tried to deny is returning with a vengeance.

But we’re not kids anymore.
We have changed drastically.
And with each new ache, I start to wonder,

Is there a place for us in this life,
Or will we have to try again in the next one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)