Review ~ Fisherman series by Jewel E. Ann

The Naked Fisherman (Fisherman, #1)The Naked Fisherman by Jewel E. Ann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book! It had everything that I need in a read: a forbidden element, strong connections and great banter!

Reese was such a young and naive character - she had strong opinions due to going to a Christian college and living with her strict grandparents. She had lost so much but was trying to find her feet in the world. When her mother left her early in the read, she spent a lot of time with Fisher and their connection grew. You could see the little shifts in Fisher everytime he spent time around Reece, his feelings were changing. He kind of made Reese feel comfortable as her feelings for him were conflicted and she didn't know how to handle it. Soon lines were being crossed and they were exploring Reese’s boundaries.

They were really perfect for one another, but the age gap came between them. They kept things a secret, however I could see Fisher opening up to Reese like he hadn’t done before. Reese still had so much growing to do and the push and pull between them made it hard. I didn’t want this story to end. I was so glad there was a second book for this couple because I could not get enough!

Title: The Naked Fisherman
Author: Jewel E. Ann
Series: Fisherman #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: September 27, 2021

It's official.

I'm eighteen and a young woman with endless possibilities on my way to reunite with my mom in Colorado after five years apart—she had a little weed incident in Nebraska.

At the airport, she springs the news on me ... she's leaving for a month of job training. And me? I'm left on my own in the basement she's renting from the fisherman, aka her landlord who lives upstairs.

He's ten years older than me. Never wears a shirt. And makes it hard to remember all the things I learned at Christian Academy.

Did I mention he’s also my new boss?


The Lost Fisherman (Fisherman, #2)The Lost Fisherman by Jewel E. Ann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I continued this read immediately after the first book, The Naked Fisherman! I was so excited to get the conclusion to Reese and Fishers story. It was mostly set five years into the future, with a few twists that had Reese and Fisher getting to know one another all over again. It was hard as there was a bit of a love triangle, but I could see that these two still had a strong connection.

I liked seeing the more mature Reese and how focused she was. She had found something that she was passionate about with one piece missing - Fisher. The story line took a turn and Fisher struggled with the people in his lives. He was determined to make his own decisions despite pressure from those who have been close to him in recent years. He just knew that he was drawn to Reese.

It was sweet seeing them fall in love again and how Reese only gave enough information to spark Fishers memories. She didn’t put pressure on him but it wasn’t smooth sailing either. I was glad that Reese's mother - Rory - finally found out and that she was team Reese. The chemistry was off the charts and as memories surfaced I really hoped it was going to be their time. This was a fantastic duo! I couldn’t get enough and when not reading the books, I was constantly thinking about it.

Title: The Lost Fisherman
Author: Jewel E. Ann
Series: Fisherman #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: October 14, 2021

It’s been five years since I’ve seen him. An unexpected event takes me back to the place where it all began.

But I’m no longer the naive young woman he once knew. And he’s no longer the man who took nearly everything from me.

Can this be our time? Or is it too late? Did I find myself only to lose him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)