Review ~ No Ordinary Gentleman by Donna Alam

No Ordinary GentlemanNo Ordinary Gentleman by Donna Alam
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2.5 Stars

The start of this read was pretty amusing, experiencing Holly in an awkward situation that Alexander bailed her out of. I enjoyed watching the sparks fly between them, as well as their steamy encounter. When they crossed paths, I could tell that Alexander had deeper feelings than he realised and did all he could to help Holly and to keep her in his life.

As this story unfolded, I was quite invested, but then Holly made some silly decisions and I was left confused. I felt part of this story was quite awkward, especially when someone resurfaced that wasn't expected. I felt this story took some weird turns and was quite drawn out. In the end it was just a meh read and I'm surprised I made it to the end.


Title: No Ordinary Gentleman
Author: Donna Alam
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: October 19, 2021

The duke, his brother, and the lie. Or in other words, how I came to be trapped between two men in a remote castle in Scotland.

Once upon a time, in a more carefree life, I met a man.
Our gazes connected over the top of his newspaper as he watched me suffer through the most embarrassing moment of my life.
Older, sophisticated, and so hot, he saved me from that awkward encounter,
Then tried to send me away with a pat on my head.
But I wasn’t ready to let him go . . .

And the rest, as the saying goes, is history.
Passionate, heart-stopping, the night of my life kind of history.

But there was just one tiny problem. I lied to him.

I told him I was a tourist and only in town for one night.
So he wasn’t too impressed when I turned up again.
In his Scottish castle.

Yes, his freakin’ castle.

His killer suit traded for a kilt, and his seductive smile for a frown.
When he glowers my way, I don’t know if I should be worried or turned on.
Because the Duke of Dalforth has secrets he’s not sharing.
And a brother who’d like nothing more than to cut in on him.

So I do the wrong thing for the right reason.
And I have to believe it’ll work out in the end.
Because the duke is No Ordinary Gentleman.
And I’m just a normal girl, fighting not to fall in love with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)