Waiting On Wednesday # 52 – Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea By April Genevieve Tucholke


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
By April Genevieve Tucholke
Between #1
Expected Publication – August 15th 2013



I saw this book a couple of weeks ago and I immediately wanted to get it. It sounds like a great twisted story!

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!


35 comments:

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readAugust 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

    Nice! Ben seeing a lot of this one! Saw it on Netgalley for the longest time too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds eerie... but interesting too.... I hope it doesn't let me down!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the publishing date is starting to be pretty near! I have been dying to read this one forever, so finally we all can devour it. :) Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin@Blood, Sweat and BooksAugust 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM

    Yes,yes,yes great choice!! I've been waiting to read this one so long as well. I can't believe the publication date is almost here!! Thanks for stopping by My Waiting on Wednesday earlier and sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also want to read this! It's so mysterious. Thanks for dropping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing this book around so much lately, I'm now curious to see what it's about :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I had it on my Waiting on Wednesday two weeks ago :)

    I just discovered you blog and I love it, I'm a new follower :)

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good and the cover just really captured my eye. Great choice.


    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. This DOES sound good! I added it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for this! :) Awesome pick.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, the cover and the first line of the synopsis alone gave me the chills! :-)

    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been eying this one for a while. Hope you get to read it soon!

    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for this one to come out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm super excited for this one too! i love the premise and i'm pretty sure it's gonna be an awesome read.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  15. YESSSS!! I'm super excited about this one, too!! *jumps up and down*


    Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this book and read an early review yesterday that had me digging it out! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know!! I'm looking forward to this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's not far now.... so excited!!
    And you're welcome Kristin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree, very mysterious. *Fingers crossed* that its a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Lanaia!! I'm looking forward to this one too, great minds *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thinks it has a great cover too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh good!! Glad you're with me Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am with you.... that's why I want to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope so too!! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think there are lots of us hanging for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope so, I have been looking forward to it for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  28. *Snickers* I'm jumping too!! Bring it!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So jealous Kimberly!! hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Kate!! It's been pretty popular!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm dying to read this one! Great pick!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I know what you mean!! I hope to get my hands on it soon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome WoW :D I actually have an ARC of this book. <3 Cannot wait to read it. Hope you'll love it :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  34. So jealous!! Hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)