Review ~ Some Like it Wild by M. Leighton

Some like It Wild (The Wild Ones, #2)Title: Some like It Wild
Author: M. Leighton
Series: The Wild Ones #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: March 4th 2014






First was The Wild Ones. Now, the next book in M. Leighton's Wild Ones series...

How far will a good girl go for the bad boy she loves?

Laney Holt is a preacher’s daughter. A good girl. Her only goal was to get married, have babies, and live happily ever after, just like her parents. Only that didn’t happen. The two people closest to her betrayed her, and Laney’s dreams came crashing down. Now she’s left with an empty space she doesn’t know how to fill. Until she meets Jake Theopolis, a daredevil with a death wish who has heartbreaker written all over him.

Jake has no interest in thinking beyond the here and now. All he wants out of life is the next rush, the next “feel-good” thing to keep his mind off the pain of his past. His latest rush? Showing Laney there’s more to life than being a good girl—and that going bad can be so much fun. Her only concern now is how she can ever hope to satisfy the wild side of a boy like Jake. She’s looking forward to trying. And so is Jake.

If you love The Wild Ones, you'll be just as wild for M. Leighton's Bad Boys series which includes Down to You, Up to Me, and Everything for Us.
All right Ladies!! You need to get you mitts on this one for one reason alone… FIREMAN! Yep, Jake is a hot fireman, who has returned home to settle some family business. The girl who turns up to do the paperwork at the house is Laney, a girl he kissed four years ago, who happens to be the preachers daughter. They are both from two different worlds, but Jake convinces Laney to let her hair down and do things she wouldn’t normally do. And for Jake, well, he just wants Laney under him!!

Laney is back in Greenfield for work, but it is a good break for her and the betrayal that she has had to deal with in Summerton. The two people she was closest to did something that bought all her dreams of family and love crashing down. Being back in Greenfield means spending time with her parents and they cannot accept her decisions and try to manipulate her into doing things their way. She is starting to stand up for herself and I was glad she did because she is an adult who can make her own decisions. Laney started to open up and let her hair down and it was nice to see this carefree Laney.

Jake has issues from when he was young and it was heartbreaking to see why he has kept his feelings bottled up. He really is a caring guy, but he prefers to keep everyone at a distance. But somehow, Laney gets under his skin and he wants to be a better person and his dreams are changing. Jake sure keeps Laney on her toes and I love how he turns everything she says into something flirtatious or just naughty!! I had a sore finger from highlighting all his witty comments and I just couldn’t get enough of him myself!!

What starts as no strings, quickly turns into something more, without either character realising it. It gets hot and steamy and we even get a sizzling tour of the fire station *fist pump*. They both spend a lot of time outdoors doing all sorts of activities to get their next adrenaline rush!! I enjoyed seeing their relationship grow and could see that they really do have a lot in common.

It is no secret that I love M. Leighton’s writing and this book was a great instalment in the Wild Ones series. There is plenty of humour thrown in the book that had me giggling and the bedroom scenes happen more often than not, outside of the bedroom. The characters have great chemistry and know each other better than anyone else. The dual POV was great too and I loved seeing Jake’s thoughts and all the dirty things he thinks! I cannot wait for the next book in the series after the little sneak peek at the end!




Other Reviews from M. Leighton


Wild Ones Series

Pretty Series
All the Pretty Lies
All the Pretty Poses

Bad Boys Series

Madly Series


28 comments:

  1. Great Review Naomi!!! I loved how Jake challenged Laney and kept her on her toes also! This book was so entertaining. My heart broke from what Jake endured as a child also. This was a 5 star read for me too!!! The humor, hot sex scenes, fun and flirty banter, were all why I loved this story so much too! I love M. Leighton!!!




    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this one too! It was my first by her. I need to go back and check out book one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itara @ My Midnight FantasiesMarch 28, 2014 at 4:17 PM

    I'm so glad you loved it! I read Until I break from her, I was surprised I liked it. I wasn't used to books like that.It was really good though. It was definitely different, I was told a Fifty Shades reader would like it. I haven't read Fifty Shades so Idk how it compares, but it was intense man. I definitely want to read more from her and this one sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: I wasn't a fan of the first book. BUT, I still want to read Jenna and Rusty's story because I loved them, and want to give this one a try. I'm hoping the issues I had with the first one aren't carried over to these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake was awesome! And I shed a tear about Jake's childhood... he is such a nice guy and didn't deserve that... but he has become a great guy regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you do. I find them to be fun reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Until I Break was intense, I think it was the deepest one of all her books. I have read so many and just love her style. I like how light the plots appear to be and then take a serious turn. Thanks Itara for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenna and Rusty's story was fun! And hot! And has a mechanical bull!! lol I like M.Leighton's writing, it's pretty light and is usually fun. It's a shame you didn't enjoy The Wild Ones, I just snickered my way through! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been eying this the first book for a while. I saw that this was published on audio at the beginning of this moth, but until now I hadn't read any reviews that enticed me to listen, until now that is. I'm adding this to my wishlist I hope is OK to go out of order.
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must read!! This author rocks my socks and I also love her writing. I adored the first book, so I know I have to continue this series!! AH! And your review made me more excited about it :D


    Great review as always, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jake was hot!! I wrote an acrostic poem review for this. Leighton rocks..that is all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sooo need to meet this Jake!!! Certainly need to pick up this series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love witty characters - it's a good sign when you can't stop highlighting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review, I'm adding it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Going out of order would be fine Loupe! I really enjoy these lighter reads and Jake is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Magen! You will love it for sure! Jake is so hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehehe... That is all! Love it Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah... it would break you a little, it was sad but I'm glad he found Laney.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehe! Yes! Jake is NICE to read about!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know! And Jake continued to crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I been sold on this series for a while, but fireman? yes please

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! I've only read The Wild Ones, and I loved it. Something tells me I might love Some Like it Wild even more! ;) I love humor in books and I adore dual POV! All the ingredients for a great read. Love the review, Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know! Jake is just so yummy!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh... you will then! Have you read the novella of Laney's story too??

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nope. I'm gonna have to read that one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. haha! Some people prefer that one.... it gets sizzling! Love me some Rusty *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jake sounds like a character that I would fall for and would break my heart with what he has been through

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)