Review ~ SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston by J.A. Huss

SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston (Rook and Ronin Spinoff)
Title: SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston
Author: J.A. Huss
Series: Rook and Ronin Spinoff
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: December 18th 2013







Ford Aston is not too picky about what he wants out of Christmas. He’s not into this holiday—like at all. He doesn’t do presents, or family dinners, or parties, or church.

He does pets. And he’s got one lined up for Christmas Eve. In fact, it’s the highlight of his day. And if he can get through drop-in visits, nosy twelve year olds, an inappropriate conversation with his best friend’s girlfriend, dinner with a family that’s not his, and a party at his mother’s house—well, he might just get home in time to enjoy himself with a stranger and make it all OK.

SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston, is a prequel to TAUT: The Ford Book, and can be read as a standalone novella.
*Sigh* I have wanted to read this novella for ages! I fell for Ford in Rook and Ronin’s series and was ecstatic that we were going to see more of him. He is a very mysterious guy and it was thrilling to see how his mind works… So before diving into his book Taut, I had to see how Ford worked.

Ford is a very complicated guy. He calls himself a freak because he is different and has a lot of quirks that send people running. He is a genius, a con-artist and a film producer, but he doesn’t like to feel and has issues about people touching him. Seeing how he goes about a normal day was interesting… especially because he wants to change so much for Rook. But his friendships with Ronin and Spencer are very important to him and he won’t do anything to mess them up.

Ford has some very specific sexual preferences and we get a slight taste of that in this book. It was light in my opinion, but you can see that it has been a lot darker than that. I liked seeing other sides of Ford too. He can be sweet and compassionate, but he just keeps it to himself. He is an amazing guy and will do anything for his friends and family. I am excited to get into Taut now, to see what kind of girl is going to capture his heart!!



Other reviews featuring J.A.Huss

Rook and Ronin series

6 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Ford and this series, and really need to make time for it, because I like a complicated guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* Ford certainly is complicated! I have LOVED this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh sounds like a great novella, I love how all her characters are different. Cannot wait to read some of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I sigh quite a bit because of Ford, Naomi! *ha* I'm so glad you loved Slack...I did, too. I really loved how JA wrote this one. It seemed to me more like a stream of consciousness. And Slack just made me adore Ford all the more. *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I love Ford and it was good to see his thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is amazing!! I love both these series!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)